Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike fit check after recommended changes by ST
Quote | Reply
I was having some significant shoulder discomfort with my Retul fit, posted some pics here and some nice peeps suggested I go longer and lower in the cockpit which was counter intuitive but really seems to have helped a lot after adding 40mm to the stem and dropping down 15mm. Also raised the seat 10mm. Figure I'd post a new pic set and see if there are any other suggestions that can help with comfort on a 5 1/2 bike ride.

Before

After

Last edited by: Fat Pelican: Nov 17, 21 16:07
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit check after recommended changes by ST [Fat Pelican] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody? I can't look that bad, other than the non-aero nose....
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit check after recommended changes by ST [Fat Pelican] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try to setup a standardized location for the camera, it helps track changes better. If you have a tripod this makes life super easy as you just keep it a certain height, set it the same distance from the bike, and then try to keep the fore aft in relation to the bike the same.

As to your fit, that looks descent, but maybe front shots need to be added to these "fit" critiques? For me there is a lot of work to do with your posture....the bones of your fit seem okay in the second pic. Also, I would switch to an Alpha One or X and pedestal up to where you need to be.

I'll go ahead and say you could run more reach too, see what that feels like by moving your elbows onto the pads and hooking the shifters with your ring and pinky fingers.

er....Just saw the video and I like that a lot. Scratch the thoughts on more reach, but that head needs some work. Alpha recco still stands.

My YouTubes

Last edited by: LAI: Sep 7, 19 4:25
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit check after recommended changes by ST [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the recommendations Lai. I assume by head position you are referring to the shrugging turtle technique. I've only recently heard of it and haven't practiced it yet, but it's on the to-do list.
Quote Reply