Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike fit advice plus arm pain query
Quote | Reply
Hey guys, I recently acquired an old Speedmax CF as I had been lusting after another TT bike since selling my '14 NP3 about 4 years ago and happened upon this.
I have only ridden it a couple of times on the trainer, doing TR workouts but would really appreciate your thoughts on my position.
This is the first time I have seen it on this bike and I feel my saddle may be too low?
Also I have noticed after about 15-20 minutes of being in my position the front area of my upper arms start to hurt and once I sit up my arms feel quite weak. Is this more a case of just needing to get used to being in a position like this or something else?
Sorry for the cruddy video, as this is all the space i'm allowed in our apartment!

Last edited by: Simmo_84: Nov 3, 19 2:45
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit advice plus arm pain query [Simmo_84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saddle is too low and the bike is at least one and maybe two sizes too small. Saddle needs to come up 20-25 mm, cockpit needs to be raised about 4 cm, and the cockpit needs to be lengthened about 4 cm.

Your arms hurt because when you're in aero, you're constantly pushing yourself back to stay on the pads. That will probably be improved with the changes I recommend, and if not you'll need ski-bend or EVO style extensions along with a slight tile to the armpads (if they don't tilt you can usually shim the front edge).

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit advice plus arm pain query [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the advice! I was thinking that adding further stack might assist further, I am not sure if I can still get spacers for these old models from Canyon though.
I have raised the saddle slightly and took another video. Everything else feels quite comfortable (junk included) its just the arms atm.
Will try adding stack as that will be helpful I think.
I was professionally fit years ago to a 51cm P3, this bike has less stack (488 to 506 on the P3) but more reach (413 compared to 397 on the P3) so its more a long and low style than I am previously used too. I think I should be able to make it work however.

Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit advice plus arm pain query [Simmo_84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saddle height looks much better.

Definitely would like 2-3 cm of pedestals and as another poster pointed out, longer extensions would help. Check out the 51 Speedshop extensions:
https://51-speedshop.com/...ate-carbon-extension

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Bike fit advice plus arm pain query [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great thanks for the additional info! I like the look of the Aerocoach 25 degree rise extensions also and their armrests.
Atleast i'm heading on the right track.
Cheers.
Quote Reply