Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike computer display question
Quote | Reply
I’m considering a new bike computer (currently still rocking my trusty old Edge 500!) and it looks like this should be a good time since several updates and new options have been coming out. There’s a general feature I’d like and I’m not sure which models have a version of it, so I’m hoping collective Slowtwitch knowledge/experience can help me out.

I’d like some kind of quick visual indicator of power zone and heart rate zone. I’ll also be displaying the actual numbers on the head unit, but some color/LED indicator that changes with zone seems like it would be helpful when just giving a quick glance. Kind of like color changes that TrainerRoad uses to show your at/above/below target power.

I know WAHOO has this in the form of that LED strip along the side on the BOLT or side and top on the ELEMENT and ROAM. I like this idea but seems like you can only pick either power or HR on the BOLT. Even on the ROAM you’re limited to choosing just one since the top is used for navigation or notifications (which seems like a waste to me).

The Stages M50 looks like it has lots of display options that should do exactly what I’m looking for, but no idea when it will finally be available.

I have no idea whether the new Edge 530 has options for color-coded power and HR zones. I haven’t seen any mention of an option like this in the DCR review. Do other Edge units have this?

Lezyne? Pioneer? Something else I don’t know about? Thanks!
Quote Reply