Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike build
Quote | Reply
It’s time to talk about a possible bike build! Another topic that’s been done to death to the point the search function is useless and confusing.

Ok here’s my thoughts. Charbon or used frame haven’t decided yet. But I’ll probably go with whatever mood I’m in when I have a couple hundred to buy it.

I’m more interested in parts right now. I keep seeing how cheap a full set of 105 11sp will is. Here’s where I have a conundrum. My TT bike is 10sp ultegra with vision Merton shifters that are trigger like (best part of the setup). If I buy a 11sp that means that I’m putting “better” parts on an off season just for fun bike than I am on my racing bike. I could put the 11sp on my tt bike, sell the shifters, and buy 11sp bar ends. But then I’d have to give up my favorite part on my bike as I’ve only seen 11sp once and it was super expensive and I haven’t seen it since.

Then there’s Tiagra which seems the same price as 105 wtf... and microshift but I’m really unsure about an off brand mech and shifter set. Def not campy, as I’m not rich. I’d be ok to try out SRAM at the right price.

Maybe... just maybe and I’d have to do it once teenie tiny piece at a time. I’m considering going to ultegra di2.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Bike build [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't write off MicroSHIFT. I've run some of their derailleurs and shifters, and they're right up there in function with Shimano.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Bike build [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brider wrote:
Don't write off MicroSHIFT. I've run some of their derailleurs and shifters, and they're right up there in function with Shimano.

I’ve often dreamed of having basically an all budget carbon beast made from quality off brand parts. I know people complain about about open mould and reverse engineering... but with all that said reverse engineering is nothing new and not going anywhere. It might be slightly satisfactory to spit in the eye of Shimano and SRAM saying “I don’t need you or your stuck up Italian cousin! Lower your prices ya’jerk!”

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply