Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Video Cameras
Quote | Reply
I am considering mounting forward and aft facing video cameras on my bike so the authorities can identify the culprit if I get hit by a car. I would appreciate any recommendations members of this forum might have regarding such cameras.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Video Cameras [Fredo_Adagio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi there. I've been using the Cycliq Fly12 in the front and Fly6 in the rear for a little over 3 years. They're super EZ to use and don't require a lot of know how to use. They automatically record and loop without having to do anything. If I recall correctly though, I had to buy a memory card and insert it into the slot. They're easy to mount and the Fly12 front mounts similar to how a bike computer mounts. The front has a white light that flashes or can be used as a constant light. I just used both lights for a ride last weekend that lasted total time over 3 hours and they were still blinking and recording. The only downsides I can think of is they're not cheap; however, you get what you pay for. And gosh forbid you get hit by a car or you need an event recorded, then it's priceless. The other minor downside is they take a long time to charge. I typically let them just charge overnight. But if they're not charged, and you think you'll charge it really quick before a bike ride, it won't work. I just make it part of my pre-ride prep the night before.

https://cycliq.com/bike-cameras/fly12ce/
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Video Cameras [Fredo_Adagio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fredo_Adagio wrote:
I am considering mounting forward and aft facing video cameras on my bike so the authorities can identify the culprit if I get hit by a car. I would appreciate any recommendations members of this forum might have regarding such cameras.

I recently spend a lot of time trying to find any viable alternative to the Fly6/12, and couldn't. The big show-stopper is battery life. All the action cameras out there have around an hour battery life. Which just isn't enough for a lot of rides.

There are some clones, like this one, that just seem too sketchy, and the battery life is still pretty short (~90 minutes for the one in the link).

I was looking for alternatives because the early generations of Cycliq devices never lasted longer than about a year for me. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that ~5 years on they've finally sorted out how to do cycling electronics.
Quote Reply