Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Travel: Trico or Scicon Aerocomfort Tri version
Quote | Reply
About to make a purchase, its between the Trico Ironcase or the Scicon Aerocomfort Triathlon soft case...

I have a Shiv Sworks with sram red.. what is the dissemble I will need to do with the trico? Remove seatpost, remove bars, remove rear derailer? The bars can't be moved too far from the fork because of the length of the cables which could be a problem with the Trico case?

The scicon requires zero disassemble other than the wheels which is very nice, but its soft case.. I dont want my frame cracking cause TSA likes to throw things...
Last edited by: 125mph: Nov 29, 13 9:49
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Travel: Trico or Scicon Aerocomfort Tri version [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
traveled a ton this year with the Hen House from Ruester sports. Its a soft case but with the padding and packing procedure I never worried about the frame cracking, just whether it would get scratched. I've got a shiv also, and the breakdown was as you described, very easy. No bike fees, even had an airline employee break out the measuring tape on it a few times.

I'd recommend the Hen House, and if you're worried about damage, the armoured Hen House is another option. They even have a sale going today. Mine has already paid for itself.

I have no affiliation with Ruester or Dimond.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Travel: Trico or Scicon Aerocomfort Tri version [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Trico hardcase. Have been to Hawaii several times, France, Florida numerous times, Arizona. Have never had bike damage. Just make sure you get spacers for the back and front forks.

Barry Dmitruk
2017: Florida 70.3 (done); Mont Tremblant 70.3 & Ironman

Quote Reply
Re: Bike Travel: Trico or Scicon Aerocomfort Tri version [Cyronman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there a discount code? I don't see any specials on their site. Thanks

Cyronman wrote:
traveled a ton this year with the Hen House from Ruester sports. Its a soft case but with the padding and packing procedure I never worried about the frame cracking, just whether it would get scratched. I've got a shiv also, and the breakdown was as you described, very easy. No bike fees, even had an airline employee break out the measuring tape on it a few times.

I'd recommend the Hen House, and if you're worried about damage, the armoured Hen House is another option. They even have a sale going today. Mine has already paid for itself.

I have no affiliation with Ruester or Dimond.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Travel: Trico or Scicon Aerocomfort Tri version [venge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Turkey15
Quote Reply