Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Trainer vs. Life Cycle
Quote | Reply
Any opinion on riding on a Life Cycle vs. a trainer? When I have to ride in side I mostly chose the Life Cycle (hills, random, & manual), usually riding 30-60 minutes at verying levels. I realize it is not the bike I will be on when I'm outside, but, I like the programs as I do not have a computrainer.

Thanks in advance!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Trainer vs. Life Cycle [Swim Fast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a Schwinn Spinner Bike last summer and I love it. It's built on a flywheel mechanism (fixed gear) so there's no coasting allowed. It's really quiet (which means a lot in a crowded Brooklyn apartment) and it has highly adjustable positioning. I should also add that I own a Cyclops trainer and (for the above reasons) I much prefer the Spinner for indoor training.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Trainer vs. Life Cycle [Swim Fast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swim Fast,

I don't own a CT either, although I do have a Cycleops. I'm a big fan of riding a Cybex/Lifestyle/other plain old "exercise bike" for much of my indoor riding for a few reasons:

(1) A little more comfortable than the trainer, and therefore easier to do big volume without stress.

(2) This is more important: wattage. I can set the exercise bike to a specific wattage. Combined with my heart rate monitor, I can track definite increases in power at the same heart rate over time. It's nice to see tangible results.

When it does get closer to outdoor biking season (now for the fair-weathered fans like me), I switch more to the Cycleops.
Quote Reply