Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Bike Shop Owners- Cervelo Recall
Quote | Reply
Hey...

How are you guys as owners managing this recall? Do you plan on having a waiting list for forks or???

Thanks for your input!

Breakfast is for Closers
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shop Owners- Cervelo Recall [140pt6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know if this helps or if anyone has heard anything similar: I was just told by my LBS that I needed to bring the bike in and leave it for an undetermined amount of time. They must remove the fork, cut it in half, return it to Cervelo and wait on the replacement fork. Needless to say, if this is truly the case, I won't be doing this anytime soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shop Owners- Cervelo Recall [michaelf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah... it was something like this that I am afraid of.

Breakfast is for Closers
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shop Owners- Cervelo Recall [michaelf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If your LBS is half savvy, they will order the new TTT forks as stock so that they will have them to replace immediately and then submit returned forks for credit. This is how most warrantees work where i come from.

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shop Owners- Cervelo Recall [Ti T'war] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not how warranties are working with Cervelo. If we were to get 3T forks in for stock and just give them to you when you bring the bike in, we get no credit from Cervelo. Not to mention it is not a guarantee they are sending 3T forks. Some may get Easton EC90. You do have to bring it in to the shop, and leave it there until Cervelo sends the replacement forks. (Unless you have another fork you can use in the mean time, or you don't mind just buying a cheapy while you wait or something like that) That being said, the sooner you bring your bike in, the sooner you will get it back. I would not recommend riding on the Wolf fork any longer. They are recalling it because it breaks! If you know it has been recalled and you ride it anyways, it breaks and you are seriously injured, you are SOL. These are faulty forks, it is not an optional upgrade you are getting, but replacing something that has a likelihood of breaking and causing serious injury.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shop Owners- Cervelo Recall [ebikesource] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, that's a real bummer. I'm glad that I don't ride Cervelo (yes, I know, flame away) since I'd be a little ticked if I had to give up my bike for an unspecified amount of time to have a fork replaced. I hope that Cervelo is on the ball and can turn these things around super fast.

I guess this is just another reason to own multiple bikes ;-)

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shop Owners- Cervelo Recall [Ti T'war] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, that is always an advantage to owning multiple bikes.
In Cervelo's defense, when they had the recall of the R2.5s and were replacing them with R3s and Soloists they were very fast at getting replacements out.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shop Owners- Cervelo Recall [ebikesource] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our LBS in Miami is recommending that we bring the bike in to have the steer inspected and to get the RMA/Recall submitted to Cervelo ASAP. The target is 3 days. Which Cervelo did a very good job of hitting this target back during the R2.5 recall.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shop Owners- Cervelo Recall [Optimus Prime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been told 2 weeks for a swap and I've got international races coming up. Considering how many bikes have been sold how will Cervelo be able to cope with the backlog ?
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shop Owners- Cervelo Recall [UK Gearmuncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad you got my message, hopefully that will put you near the front of the queue in the shop.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just talked to Cid at Inside Out and they are on top of it as always. The only delay is caused by having to let the glue sit for 24 hours. First rate service as always.

Andy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It depends on the shop. We have a bunch of 3T forks to quickly replace them for customers. I've been telling people who have called that we would need their bikes for 24-48 hours as we need to let the epoxy cure and have a lot of normal repairs to do too.

We'll help out any Cervelo owner who needs to have their forks replaced but customers who purchased their bikes from us will get priority for the 3T forks we have in stock.

-Darrell

Last edited by: Darrell: Aug 21, 08 12:20
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shop Owners- Cervelo Recall [Darrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to jump in here, but I'm not aware of this recall. Would my 2 year old P2sl be affected?

Thank

rjsurfer
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shop Owners- Cervelo Recall [rjsurfer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The P2SL has always been sold with the Wolf TT fork and is not affected by the recall.

-Darrell

Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shop Owners- Cervelo Recall [Darrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Darrell.....

rjsurfer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reading the recall notice on Cervelo's site, does this imply that there is an inherent flaw in True Temper's root technology, thus affecting their entire carbon steerer line?

=====================================
"Yeah you point a finger back far enough and some germ gets blamed for splitting in two."

Colonel Saul Tigh from Battlestar Galactica
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello 140pt6 and All,

Got my bike into Nytro this afternoon with 12 ahead of me already.

Walt said I should get it back sometime Sat.

Pretty good turnaround.

Cervélo only putting on 3T Pro (about 375g) and cannot swap for 3T Team (about 325g) and pay difference. (SL was about 340g)

Cheers,

Neal

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I've been told 2 weeks for a swap and I've got international races coming up. Considering how many bikes have been sold how will Cervelo be able to cope with the backlog ?
One of the CPSC rules is that you need to have replacement forks ready when you announce a recall. X% at the start, Y% after 1 month, all based on the CPSC's experience of how many people respond how quickly. So there should not be any problem with a backlog.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shop Owners- Cervelo Recall [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My fork went in this morning. They've had 10 back already apparently but I may be lucky enough to get mine mid next week which will be great.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shop Owners- Cervelo Recall [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Gerard. It sounds well organised. I'm glad it didn't affect all Wolf forks - my new P2sl training bike arrived last week. that would take it upto 4 Cervelo's I have alone.

p.s. new colourways on the track frame please. Red doesn't match the bike team kit I have and I might 'need' one of these next year !! :)
Last edited by: UK Gearmuncher: Aug 22, 08 3:08
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shop Owners- Cervelo Recall [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup. They are replacing my fork today and should have it back by noon tomorrow. Well organized by Cervelo and Inside Out, where I bought the Cervelo, is on top of it.
Thanks
Andy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mid next week would be great with the BH coming too, if it happens. We both know about the LBS slippage only too well. What's the 4th cervelo (r3 P3C, P2SL and....)?

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shop Owners- Cervelo Recall [attybiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys are lucky. I've called 3 local Cervelo dealers and nobody has forks and nobody will call me back or give me a ETA. I even called Cervelo and they said I would have to work with the LBS.

Meanwhile, I'm SOL.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shop Owners- Cervelo Recall [bigred3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry mate! Have you tried calling Inside Out even though it sounds like they are not your local lbs. Shipping and having htem do the switch may still be faster. Just a thought.
Andy
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Shop Owners- Cervelo Recall [attybiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bike is at the LBS. I dropped it off. No ETA, shop had no clue what was going on. Absolutely no idea (and no forks either).

The other 2 shops I called had no clue idea either. You would think these folks that do this for a living would be on top of it.

I guess not..
Quote Reply

Prev Next