Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Set Up, what's yours
Quote | Reply
           I'm a busy guy, 60 hours a week at work right now, hour commute each way. I keep my bicycle the same way all the time. I don't have race wheels, I have Zipp 404 clinchers full time. Seat about 2 cm behind the bottom bracket, bars slightly higher for the hilly courses. My aerobar extensions are kept short to aid this rearward bias. My bicycle is a series of compromises that work in all conditions without a lot of fuss.

How about you? Do you leave your bicycle alone or do you change it all the time depending on your course?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Set Up, what's yours [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 titan flex, durace, oval jetstream fork, oval aerobars...huh wha...oh sorry dreaming.

i have a lazyboy. blue. tastefully warn arms. used to watch old tour tapes and mope in.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a changer depending upon the course. I try and maintain the same position, I just rotate my body around the bottom bracket...forward seat and lower bars for flatter courses, rearward seat and higher bars for climbing, somewhere in between if a race has both flat and hills...but I skew towards the flat setup in this case.

I've my first 1/2 ironman coming up in May on a billiard-table flat course, I haven't decided whether to raise the front just a hair for comfort, despite the flatness begging for a "best lowest front end" position. I'll probably keep the front as low as if I were doing a 10 mile TT, and if I get uncomfortable, I'll just bail to the cowhorns for a spell. This way, if I get in a wicked headwind, I'll still be able to get as low as I need to.

I change to race wheels (disc rear, Hed 3 front) when I race, mostly use Velocity deep V with 14 guage straight spokes and heavy kevlar-belted tires to train on.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Set Up, what's yours [yaquicarbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cervelo P2K, just switched back to a 76 degree seat angle after sickness and work put a damper on my hopes of qualifying for some UCI TT's this year, so it's back to triathlon for me.

Renn Disc
Specialized Tri-Spoke front
Profile aerobars
Ultegra kit

Use Velomax wheels for training
Last edited by: Zinc: Apr 5, 03 9:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I leave the bike setup for all my races. I have a Cervelo One (2002) with Ultegra kit, Syntace SL aerobar, an Azoto saddle and Ritchey DS wheels.
This summer I will use a HED H3 front and Renn disc back for racing. If it is toowindy/gusty I will use the Ritchey DS wheels that are also quite aero for racing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Corima Fox w/Giant aero fork, seat set steep almost all of the time, switched to Nitto cowhorns and 3TTT sub8 bars (not by choice),Bartol system, Dura Ace rear mech, Profile UPS shifter,bars set low most of the time.

Wheels: Lew Palmero front, Renn disc rear, pair of Sun Mistrals (AC front 16 spoke hub, Ultegra 28 spoke rear) for windy days, Spinergy Rev X for training.

If a race is overly hilly, I will use the following: GT Course 853, Ultegra/105 mix, Lew Palmero front, Sun Mistral rear, downtube shifter on left side, Spinachissimi for the aero bars.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Set Up, what's yours [Zinc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you know where your seat nose is in relation to your bottom bracket?
Quote Reply