Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Fitting Guidance, Please.
Quote | Reply
A while back, I got a bike fit in Dallas and subsequently picked up a 54cm Cervelo P2. Over the weekend I finally had time to try an adjust the bike as best I could. There should be a video and fit sheet in the OneDrive link.
- The aerobars have been replaced from the stock to 3T Brezza II bars.
- The saddle is a Sitero

1. The reach is currently 20mm short of the fit coordinates. If I'm to adjust that, is there a reason to just get a new stem versus spending a bit more and getting the Tririg Ergo pads and use those to gain some reach? The extension are short enough as is. Losing 20mm by just more pads forward might be tricky.

2a. My saddle set-back should be -14mm. Right now, I'm well behind that. It doesn't appear I can get the saddle that far forward. Am I measure something wrong or is this a case where only certain saddles can get me that far forward? On a Sitero, should I be measuring to the nose or to the front of the texture marks?

2b. I can find a comfortable spot on this saddle, however, it tend to find myself quick coming forward from that position. I don't know if that's me trying to get back to the position I should be in or the seat being too sloped.

3. Any other suggestions?

Last edited by: Traket92x: Oct 22, 19 19:01
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fitting Guidance, Please. [Traket92x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm happy to get into this with you. but i'd prefer if you uploaded your video to youtube, then pasted the youtu.be URL here, and the video will autopopulate inside the post. then in a second post upload your fit sheet as an image.

and then we'll commence work on this problem.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When your bike fit was done, did you use a Sitero saddle?
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fitting Guidance, Please. [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Retul Report. If this isn't clear enough, I'll just type this into text.

Last edited by: Traket92x: Oct 22, 19 19:06
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fitting Guidance, Please. [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The fitting was done with an Adamo Road. I'm certainly not against getting a new saddle. The bike just came with this one, so I wanted to be sure it wouldn't work before I spring for something else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you were fit on a different saddle then the setback likely will have to be different as well.. From the video I'd also say your saddle is too high, and I'm not sure why you want 20mm more reach..
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fitting Guidance, Please. [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri_Joeri wrote:
..... and I'm not sure why you want 20mm more reach..
I presume the additional reach was to match the more forward seating position - assuming the recommended position is forward of that shown in the video despite the different saddle..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. That person sold you a bike frame that is too small.

2. You *could* use more reach, I'd just get a new stem that is -17* angle and 20mm longer, and make sure the extensions are out far enough to match. Get *ski bend* extensions.

3. You don't look like you need to move your saddle forward. Snub nosed saddles *should* be set back quite far. As others have said, it could be an artifact of that you're on a different saddle. In general, you should find the comfortable spot on the saddle and then adjust the saddle position from there rather than putting the saddle at a fixed point first and adjusting your body around that.

4. If you're able to tilt or rotate the extensions up independent of the basebar (I can't quite make out what OEM system you have... ), then that could help. This is why you tilt/slope the saddle forward... to deposit you onto the opposite tilted aerobar pads.

5. Other than that, you're pretty close to being orthodox.

Good luck

Eric

Traket92x wrote:
A while back, I got a bike fit in Dallas and subsequently picked up a 54cm Cervelo P2. Over the weekend I finally had time to try an adjust the bike as best I could. There should be a video and fit sheet in the OneDrive link.
- The aerobars have been replaced from the stock to 3T Brezza II bars.
- The saddle is a Sitero

1. The reach is currently 20mm short of the fit coordinates. If I'm to adjust that, is there a reason to just get a new stem versus spending a bit more and getting the Tririg Ergo pads and use those to gain some reach? The extension are short enough as is. Losing 20mm by just more pads forward might be tricky.

2a. My saddle set-back should be -14mm. Right now, I'm well behind that. It doesn't appear I can get the saddle that far forward. Am I measure something wrong or is this a case where only certain saddles can get me that far forward? On a Sitero, should I be measuring to the nose or to the front of the texture marks?

2b. I can find a comfortable spot on this saddle, however, it tend to find myself quick coming forward from that position. I don't know if that's me trying to get back to the position I should be in or the seat being too sloped.

3. Any other suggestions?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Last edited by: ericMPro: Oct 23, 19 4:16
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fitting Guidance, Please. [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. I bought the bike used so I won't fault the seller. However, looking at my fit report, it did recommend a 54cm P2. Makes me question the suggested bike list...

3. I'll play with this a bit more on the trainer, but a split nose may be the way to go. Felt nice during the fitting.

4. The whole base bar/pads/extension is a 3T Brezza II set-up. Not much flexibility in this. Makes me appreciate the flexibility in many new designs.

Very much appreciated on all the feedback!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Traket92x wrote:
However, looking at my fit report, it did recommend a 54cm P2. Makes me question the suggested bike list...

Yeah there’s a lot of people who still don’t know what they don’t know...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply