Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Fitter - Dallas Area
Quote | Reply
Any recommendations for a bike fitter? I know Richardson bike mart does a ton.

Any help is appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fitter - Dallas Area [SWEDE63] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you’re north of Dallas, I’d recommend Tommy Johnson. He’s located on Dallas Pkwy in Frisco. Tommy worked with Trent Nix who’s a regular contributor on this forum. I’ve worked with Tommy to get fitted on my current road bike and also for a new bike.
Last edited by: scooter23: Nov 5, 20 16:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reach out to Craig Faulk cfaulk1--at---dynamicbikefit.com

And, if he's fitting, if you go I'd like us to discuss after your appointment. I've heard good things, I'd like to hear specifics from you when it's fresh in your mind.

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fitter - Dallas Area [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Scooter/Ian.

Scooter, I am in North Dallas and looking just for a road bike fitting. Does your guy work out of a particular shop?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SWEDE63 wrote:
Thanks Scooter/Ian.

Scooter, I am in North Dallas and looking just for a road bike fitting. Does your guy work out of a particular shop?

https://sportspeedlab.com/

Tommy Johnson. He's in the Frisco/Colony area. He worked for Trent Nix at Tripshop before it closed. He's on ST, but he doesn't post much.
Last edited by: Tom_hampton: Nov 6, 20 6:14
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fitter - Dallas Area [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
SWEDE63 wrote:
Thanks Scooter/Ian.

Tommy Johnson. He's in the Frisco/Colony area. He worked for Trent Nix at Tripshop before it closed. He's on ST, but he doesn't post much.

Everyone I know got the fitting done from him. ALl of them ride tri bike though. I haven't met him in person, but I've heard nothing but good things about him.
I've also heard he bought the equipment from TriShop and doing this business.
Anyway, I got mine(Cervelo tri bike) done by Trent on this forum like 5 years ago. It was $65 basic one and it's been working great!
I replaced my crank from 172.5 to 165, so raised a saddle about 7 mm and still works fine.
Rode 100 miles with no pain and actually it was very comfortable and legs felt more fresh than riding the same distance with 172.5 crank.
If TriShop is still around, I would definitely do $65 basic fitting again.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fitter - Dallas Area [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
Tom_hampton wrote:
SWEDE63 wrote:
Thanks Scooter/Ian.

Everyone I know got the fitting done from him. ALl of them ride tri bike though. I haven't met him in person, but I've heard nothing but good things about him.
I've also heard he bought the equipment from TriShop and doing this business.
Anyway, I got mine(Cervelo tri bike) done by Trent on this forum like 5 years ago. It was $65 basic one and it's been working great!
I replaced my crank from 172.5 to 165, so raised a saddle about 7 mm and still works fine.
Rode 100 miles with no pain and actually it was very comfortable and legs felt more fresh than riding the same distance with 172.5 crank.
If TriShop is still around, I would definitely do $65 basic fitting again.

I met Tommy first through swim coaching web-matching-service. He coached me in swimming out of the trishop endless pool, and over at Lake Lewisville for OWS. He's a good guy.

Trent and Tommy both worked on my Tri-bike fit. Though, I paid for the full-monty. Trent closed up shop last year---yes, Tommy has most of the Tripshop fitting equipment and client data---I confirmed that Tommy has my Tripshop fit data. I miss TriShop---the other tri-related stores just aren't the same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am going to second everyone who recommended Tommy. He did a fit for my wife, who was getting some hip pain due to her position on the bike. He fixed it, and he also help fix the position once we made part changes. Great guy
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fitter - Dallas Area [anibalplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will add in my support for Tommy as well, he has fit me on many of my bikes. He does a great job.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just got fit by Tommy and have fit report with pics if you are interested in output. Great experience with him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recommend Tommy, as others have mentioned on this thread. Fantastic fitter and fantastic person.

Craig Fulk, the fitter Ian mentioned, is also a great fitter and great person as well.

Appreciate very much the kind words from everyone.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fitter - Dallas Area [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I appreciate everyone's input.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
I recommend Tommy, as others have mentioned on this thread. Fantastic fitter and fantastic person.

Craig Fulk, the fitter Ian mentioned, is also a great fitter and great person as well.

Appreciate very much the kind words from everyone.

#BringBackTriShop

not pink...but, kinda.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We had our day! I just added a third kid, I'm just trying to bring back a good night's sleep.

Trent Nix
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!!! Sleep deprivation has arrived again.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fitter - Dallas Area [scooter23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 41 years old and I have a 4 year old, 19-month-old, and 4-week old. Only person in the world dumber than me is Mark Montgomery.

Trent Nix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
We had our day! I just added a third kid, I'm just trying to bring back a good night's sleep.

Yeah, I know.

Outstanding! Congratulations. (in sparkle text) :-)

Sleep is over rated. Plenty of time for that 20 years from now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations. Not that I want to be in your shoes but I will offer a piece of advice.

The older you get the quicker time will seem to pass you buy. Enjoy every second with your children as you will wake up one day and they will be off to college or on their own.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations on the new addition, Trent!

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out Mike Gacki. He just moved to Playtri (Dallas location) from Bicycles Plus in Coppell. He's a no-bs kinda guy and does great fittings for both road and tri.

Can't go wrong with Tommy either though.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fitter - Dallas Area [Z28Diddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is Our own John Cobb still fitting in Tyler,TX? . Not Dallas but you can get there faster than trying to drive across town in rush hour.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What a huge blessing you have to have 3 kids in your house! It will not feel like a blessing right now but hang in there and try to take the time to see how much of a treasure they are.

Congrats!
Quote Reply