Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Fit
Quote | Reply
Has anyone implemented Dan's excellant principles on tri bike fit then fine tuned it on a trainer using power output, heart rate, cadence to determine your optimal fit? If so, how does that work?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit [cannondale kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FIST is the most sacred of geometries. One does not "fine tune" that which comes from Dan. Such a non-believer will have his foolish and weak heart cast upon the fires of egotism.

I think Tom D did in a wind tunnel with John Cobb. If memory serves.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is the only way I would do it. The angles never lie, however. Usually, a good protocol set up by a physical therapist can address the problems of getting a rider low enough. One of the problems with getting a low enough position on the bike is many athletes suffer from flexibility and core strength inadequecies. This is where a PT would assess these attributes and get the athlete the correct exercises to make him/her able to get low enough.

Pilates, a physioball, and some good stretching is something that would benefit EVERY athlete, regardless of ability or age. It would be of even greater benefit for those who have advanced years and/or soft-tissue problems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've played with this a bit but will probably do so more this winter. Unfortunately since I don't have a wind tunnel in the basement, I can't compare aero drag against the other components.
Quote Reply