Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Fit Critique
Quote | Reply

1. I know I need to keep my head lower (I have a long neck)
  2. is my butt far enough back in the saddle?
  3. What else?

I have updated the images to ones that should be better.

Note: I have had a couple of bike fits and I am pretty comfortable in my current position and run well off of it.
Last edited by: LifeTri: Jun 25, 18 13:51
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit Critique [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:

3. What else?

Note: I have had a couple of bike fits and I am pretty comfortable in my current position and run well off of it.

I think that's all that matters.

ETA: Tough pic to really tell how your position is though. Head isn't forward, cranks not in an ideal position. People will probably say you can go lower.
Last edited by: teichs42: Jun 25, 18 9:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:

3. What else?

There is considerable room for improvement in your bike fit. It's possible you sat much farther back on the saddle when you were on the fit stand and that may be distorting the optics of your fit. But for sure, the picture here indicates you are in a poor position.

I can provide much better feedback if you can get someone to get photos or video of you riding the trainer and looking forward and post them (video is best).

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit Critique [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teichs42 wrote:
LifeTri wrote:

3. What else?

I think that's all that matters.

ETA: Tough pic to really tell how your position is though. Head isn't forward, cranks not in an ideal position. People will probably say you can go lower.

Not in this case. I have a better aero position on my road bike.

When anyone says a position is comfortable and it looks like that, it generally means the person doing the fitting doesn’t know how to do a comfortable and aero fit.

Unless you’re going Bjorn circa 2006 style, any good fit will be aero and comfortable. Even Bjorn’s old position really isn’t that uncomfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’d take Trent’s advice and get more pics and video.

I’m not sure how that bike adjusts in the front end so I’m not sure how much you can do and how high up you are compared to how low you can go.

But you’re definitely too high in the front. Your back should be significantly closer to flat that what yours is. I’m not saying it has to be flat, but you’re honestly sitting up higher that I would on my road bike or on the shorty aero bars on my road bike and that has a big head tube compared to my tri bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I could be way off, and really don't know what I'm talking about. I'm sure there are other changes that make everything else fall into place. But looks like those cranks are a tad long and closing off your hips. If you got any lower up front, it'd be even worse without making other adjustments. You can't really lift the saddle and push forward much without having to find a way to get more reach. Maybe you can with those bars, not sure. I've just had the same issue, so maybe projecting my issues on to you, haha.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit Critique [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Per everyones advice, I have added better pictures. I have also included the numbers on the bike fit for guidance.

Thanks again!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saddle needs to be raised 1 cm and pulled back 1 cm.

Cockpit needs to be lowered about 1 cm.

You'd do well with different extensions such as the 51 Speedshop option or Zipp EVO.

Trent Nix
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit Critique [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to have ski bends on there and replaced them with the stock extensions. (I went stock, to ski bend, to stock)

Do the EVO and 51 speedshop options provide more reach/length?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More rise

Trent Nix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry for my ignorance, what does more rise bring to the table in my situation?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing to apologize for. Your head position is too high, and a higher hand position can help encourage improved cockpit posture.

Trent Nix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Trent! Hope all is well, haven’t seen you posting lately, maybe I just missed them.

I like the fit portfolio in your link, just spent too much time looking at it!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do the bike fitter do the fit without your helmet on?
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit Critique [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pwraddr wrote:
Hey Trent! Hope all is well, haven’t seen you posting lately, maybe I just missed them.

I like the fit portfolio in your link, just spent too much time looking at it!!
I only post the good ones! That's the secret to looking better than you are. :)

Quote:
Do the bike fitter do the fit without your helmet on?
I don't, but I can understand situations where it might be useful.

Trent Nix
Quote Reply