Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Fit, Chicago
Quote | Reply
In just over a year Chicago has, unfortunately, lost three shops where you could get your bike serviced and a good fit (Live Grit, Element Multisport, Get a Grip). Does anyone have any recommendations as to a place where I could get a fit? Is there anyone you've worked with that you trust? I had a fit when I first bought my tri-bike two years ago and I have no major concerns, but I had always planned on getting a follow-up since it was my first tri-bike and I assume my position changed somewhat over time.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit, Chicago [Changpao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm bummed about this as well! Get A Grip was my "local" that I have relied on over the past few years. That said, Mox Multisport is a couple of blocks south of the (now former) Get A Grip store location. The Trek store in Wicker Park also has a proper bike fitting room/set up. All this said, I have zero experience with either of them from a bike fitting PoV but have found their staff both professional and patient with my many questions.... FWIW, I've bought a few bikes from that Trek store for my kiddos. I have no affiliation with either shop.

I'll keep track of this as I just bought a second hand Speed Concept, my firsts proper tri bike, and will want/need to get professionally fitted in the coming month.

-pt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anne Barns has been widely recommended in the Chicago land area. I also what options there are in Madison area...

Gone with the wind

Instagram: palmtreestriathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anne Barnes
Ed Dailey (he used to work at Element) - https://www.fasteddiellc.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit, Chicago [palmtrees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
palmtrees wrote:
Anne Barns has been widely recommended in the Chicago land area. I also what options there are in Madison area...

Anne Barnes in Chicago land; Craig Watson (recommended by Ms. Barnes herself) in Madison
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anne Barnes is the one (she was the fitter at Live Grit, now has her own private studio) ABbikeFIT - at - gmail

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Last edited by: ianpeace: Jan 7, 20 19:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 for Craig Watson in Madison.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit, Chicago [ptravnic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ptravnic wrote:
I'm bummed about this as well! Get A Grip was my "local" that I have relied on over the past few years. That said, Mox Multisport is a couple of blocks south of the (now former) Get A Grip store location. The Trek store in Wicker Park also has a proper bike fitting room/set up. All this said, I have zero experience with either of them from a bike fitting PoV but have found their staff both professional and patient with my many questions.... FWIW, I've bought a few bikes from that Trek store for my kiddos. I have no affiliation with either shop.

I'll keep track of this as I just bought a second hand Speed Concept, my firsts proper tri bike, and will want/need to get professionally fitted in the coming month.

-pt

The people at Mox are great but they have shifted more towards gravel/cyclocross. They do still carry a few tri bikes and can get them though. They are definitely not the place to go for a fit.

I would recommend Anne Barnes. She is great to work with and very knowledgeable and friendly. She is in the west loop.
Last edited by: MBaier: Jan 8, 20 9:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My fit studio/shop, Fit2Ride Velo Studio, is located in Highland Park which is a quick drive north from the city. I am a FIST Advanced certified fitter among other certifications and utilize the areas only Guru Dynamic Fit Unit and gebioMized saddle pressure mapping system and I am certain that I have the largest selection of saddles you will find in a fit studio. I am also an experienced triathlete having competed in triathlons for the past 20 years and have been a certified coach for the past 15 years though I focus on bike fitting now. You can see more at fit2ridevelo.com.

Brian Jacobson
Fit2Ride Velo Studio
http://www.fit2ridevelo.com
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit, Chicago [BrianJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Brian, I’ve been trying to reach your shop through the website messaging system and a voicemail but have not received a reply back.

Are you guys still doing bike fitting? I will be in Chicago in March and would love to do a dynamic bike fit. I sent two messages through the website with details.

Cheers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I flew in from TUS to get a fit by Anne Barnes and have sent several of my athletes and others who have asked for rec's in the Chicagoland area.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit, Chicago [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
I flew in from TUS to get a fit by Anne Barnes and have sent several of my athletes and others who have asked for rec's in the Chicagoland area.

Agree on Ann. Very, very good. If you can't get in, here in Madison we have Craig Watson who is exceptional having done fits for all levels up to pro. He's even taught for many years and also has aero software. I'm sure you'd be delighted by either.

Kiwami Racing Team
Last edited by: GaryGeiger: Feb 27, 24 7:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone know about fast Eddie at Edge Athletic club?
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Fit, Chicago [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:

There is some discussion on Anne and others in this ST thread from a couple years back.

MidWest Bike Fit Recommendations: Triathlon Forum: Slowtwitch Forums
Quote Reply