Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BikeSport Michigan Fitting?
Quote | Reply
Planning on setting up an appointment with Tom D. Has anyone here seen him? has he done a good job? Would you recommend him? I wen tot see Rich Ducar out at Bicycle Sports in Chicago and got fitted a couple months ago, and have since made changes witht eh way tehy set me up, I am looking for another opinion.
Quote Reply
Re: BikeSport Michigan Fitting? [Ken in Mi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom set up my time trial bike. I ended up with new aerobars and a stem. The next day I rode the newly configured bike across Michigan (183 miles) and felt pretty darn good. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got my bike from Tom a few years back and was fitted on it at that time. It felt great then and still feels great now, with no changes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're in Michigan go see Tom and his crew. I've never had a problem with how he set me up, 3 years ago when I bought the bike.

jack also in MI
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ken,

I have had several experiences with fitting's at Tom's store. All of them positive. I went through a fitting process over the winter where I went in three times to have various things adjusted. And just a few weeks ago, a buddy of mine (from Chicago) went in to get fitted. In both cases, he was performing fittings on bikes set-up by other shops, in other words he was working on bikes he didn't sell. A couple of things I would suggest based on my experience. First, have a clear understanding of what you want out of the process: do you want to get more aerodynamic, do certain body parts hurt (knees, ass, shoulder's, etc.), you just want to make sure you're set-up correctly, etc. Second, make sure the store knows you are coming in from out of town. They have less flexibility with an out of towner. With me, they made incremental adjustments to get me in the right position. If I remember correctly, you are from the west side of the state, so you probably don't want to drive over here a bunch of times to make small adjustments. Finally, expect to wait around a bit during the process since they are extremely busy at this time of year, and have customers coming in non-stop (many spending big bucks on new bikes). That's all I can think of right now, but if you have any questions, let me know.

Also, are you guys planning anymore rides of the Steelhead course this summer? And I think I read on your website that you're team is doing Lake Macatawa. Do you have any inside info on this race? I'm also doing it, but I can't find any results on the web, or really that much information on where the best places are to stay, since I can't seem to find an address for where the course is located.

---------------------------------------------------------

"What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind and body can achieve; and those who stay will be champions."
Quote Reply
Re: BikeSport Michigan Fitting? [Jack in Mi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the advice.

As for another Steelhead Ride... I am doing it again Sunday, solo, to give it a good test. Shoot me oyur email, I will let oyu know when we plan to do it as a group again.

Lake Mac: links for the last couple years results>>>>

2001 here http://www.classicrace.com/Results01/lakemac.htm

2002 here http://www.classicrace.com/Results02/lakeMAC.htm

I live about 1 hour south of the race site, so I have no idea as to hotels but there are several right along the main road up there, highway 31 I believe. Rce takes place right aorund the North West side of Lake Macatawa almost in the center of Holland. I did the race in 2001 without much training in me, the swim is a bit on the dirty/murky side, the bike is an ass haulin course right along Lake Michigan most of the time, and the run passes thru several small neighborhoods with people sitting outside cheering for you, plus they give out these cool wooden shoes if you place in your age group, they are the coolest awards, my daughter has tried to put mine on a few times, with little success.

It is an excellent race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also live in the CHicago area and a couple months ago I drove 4hrs each way to have Tom look at my position on a bike I bought elsewhere. (you can search for my review which I posted here).

Tom spent a lot of time with me and was incredibly detailed on every aspect of my position. I left very happy, much more comfortable, yet in a more agressive position then when I went in. The best part about working with Tom is the fact that it is a collaberative effort, he doesn't just set you up, he questions you about every aspect and constantly gets feedback as he works through the process. He doesn't just look at you, he takes pictures and video and lets you look at yourself. You definately have input in the process and the end product is much better because of it.

If you're like I was and are unsure about your current position, having Tom take a second look may be a good option. The distance makes it tough, especially if you need to make further refinements later, but it was worth it to me.

Good luck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had Tom help me out setting my Felt bike up. He was very informative and always told me why he would suggest a change. I've lowered my 40k split 50 seconds with the same equipment, but most amazing was the peak power output I was able to get from the aero position that I never had before. A more "hands down" position allowed me to get almost 1 mph average faster in an 8k prologue that I've ever done in our 10k club TTs.

He knows his stuff from Euro TT geometry to technical hilly ironman set-ups.

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go to BikeSport.............His shop fitted me 2 years ago and I have never

touched the bike since. Perfectly dialed in and fitted. Same with my friend.

Last year on the new ride..............6/7 PR's. THANKS BikeSport.

20/20
Quote Reply