Re: Bigham hour attempt- 19Aug [ItaloBritt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Bigham hour attempt- 19Aug [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
RandMart wrote:
No data on the screen, no countdown clock

As someone posted in the comments "They could just put a GIF of him doing one lap over & over again"

How did Ineos of all teams screw this broadcast up?

You mean the team that let Geraint Thomas do his TDF TT with his warm-up vest on?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Bigham hour attempt- 19Aug [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
turdburgler wrote:
RandMart wrote:

As someone posted in the comments "They could just put a GIF of him doing one lap over & over again"

You mean the team that let Geraint Thomas do his TDF TT with his warm-up vest on?

Ughhhhh, this stream is worthless other than to watch the chat for folks manually keeping time themselves at home!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Bigham hour attempt- 19Aug [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel like Ineos closed the velodrome and is giving us this pathetic stream in the attempt to keep some of their secret sauce to themselves. Dan's CdA for this ride is supposedly .150
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
RandMart wrote:

Disappointing, however knowledgeable Tipper is: we need at least a simple clock, distance completed, average speed and a ticker with time deficit to Campanaerts each lap.
Ineos is not delivering this live broadcast. They have just allowed Bigham to use their channel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
I feel like Ineos closed the velodrome and is giving us this pathetic stream in the attempt to keep some of their secret sauce to themselves. Dan's CdA for this ride is supposedly .150

I just heard that and was mind blown.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Bigham hour attempt- 19Aug [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's been at .16 for awhile. It looks like an updated Bolide track bike and a new front end for him. Plus the new suit and various appointments in the drive train. Still, unbelievable to not only get there, but be able to hold that in practice while delivering power.
Quote Reply
Re: Bigham hour attempt- 19Aug [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
RandMart wrote:
turdburgler wrote:
RandMart wrote:

Ughhhhh, this stream is worthless other than to watch the chat for folks manually keeping time themselves at home!

I just noticed Victor Campanaerts was posting rooting him on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
I just noticed Victor Campanaerts was posting rooting him on.

Mission achieved 55.548km
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Aug 19, 22 6:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
He's been at .16 for awhile. It looks like an updated Bolide track bike and a new front end for him. Plus the new suit and various appointments in the drive train. Still, unbelievable to not only get there, but be able to hold that in practice while delivering power.

How accurate of a CRR we have for that though?

That makes a huge difference if you over-state a high CRR if the wood track and track tires are some un-Godly low CRR.
Quote Reply
Re: Bigham hour attempt- 19Aug [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He CAN ride 55!!!

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Bigham hour attempt- 19Aug [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
turdburgler wrote:

That makes a huge difference if you over-state a high CRR if the wood track and track tires are some un-Godly low CRR.

Who knows. The information we were given was from his coach and inner circle though. He's shown before he is close to that. I would think he knows exactly what is going on with everything relevant in his system.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:
turdburgler wrote:

Who knows. The information we were given was from his coach and inner circle though. He's shown before he is close to that. I would think he knows exactly what is going on with everything relevant in his system.

And I suspect he has confirmed the number in the wind tunnel that doesn't care about CRR
Quote Reply
Re: Bigham hour attempt- 19Aug [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably 10 times over.

Dan has achieved full aero-superiority in this arms race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Probably 10 times over.

Record achieved off an estimated average power of 350watts was it? Absolutely brilliant.

Just shows the balance between power and aero is the most critical element in a TT.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Probably 10 times over.

I am convinced.

I told the wife I need that $5000 bar and $10000 wheels to go 10 seconds faster in my weekly TT.

But I go shot down by a hypersonic anti ballistic interceptor, never seen in this arms race.
Quote Reply
Re: Bigham hour attempt- 19Aug [ianmo80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ianmo80 wrote:
turdburgler wrote:
Probably 10 times over.

Record achieved off an estimated average power of 350watts was it? Absolutely brilliant.

Just shows the balance between power and aero is the most critical element in a TT.

It's insane. 350watts for an hour is achievable by a fair number of people on here. Contrast that to the estimates for Eddy Merckx at >450watts, probably only achievable by a few people in history.
Quote Reply
Re: Bigham hour attempt- 19Aug [mathematics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mathematics wrote:
ianmo80 wrote:
turdburgler wrote:
Probably 10 times over.

It's insane. 350watts for an hour is achievable by a fair number of people on here. Contrast that to the estimates for Eddy Merckx at >450watts, probably only achievable by a few people in history.

Can't wait to see what Ganna will do on 480-500 W in that position on world class equipment.
Quote Reply
Re: Bigham hour attempt- 19Aug [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
turdburgler wrote:

I just heard that and was mind blown.

I believe it.
Quote Reply
Re: Bigham hour attempt- 19Aug [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Engner66 wrote:
mathematics wrote:
ianmo80 wrote:
turdburgler wrote:
Probably 10 times over.

Can't wait to see what Ganna will do on 480-500 W in that position on world class equipment.

It almost surely wont be Ganna, but 60k is looking more possible than ever. CdA's down below 0.15 and guys pushing 400w at altitude seems pretty likely in the next 10 years.
Quote Reply
Re: Bigham hour attempt- 19Aug [mathematics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They were saying that when Indurain made his attempt, or an attempt, he was pushing 500watts.
Quote Reply
Re: Bigham hour attempt- 19Aug [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Engner66 wrote:
mathematics wrote:

I doubt Eddy or even Indurain averaged >450W on the track. The G forces and variable resistance take a toll. I've been told ~10% power drop is typical vs a TT. Ganna should get the record though, absolutely.

What Dan has done has done is super impressive! I mean... the guy makes his living as a aero expert and consultant. Riding and racing bikes is a hobby. I think we can all agree that he is far from World Tour level even in TTs. What he has basically done is taken a "mediocre" cyclist (himself) and set a World Record. And... it was at low altitude, and not close! Hell, he smashed Wiggins' record by over 1km, and Wiggins was a top WT pro TTer and track racer! ... who had the absolute best minds and high tech equipment helping him.

This is the most awesome thing he could put on his resume...
Quote Reply
Re: Bigham hour attempt- 19Aug [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indurain and Rominger both did 500 watt rides for the hour I believe. There is some pretty good indications of Ganna's hour power while in aero. I'd expect he might be in the 460 - 480 watt range. I can't see him being close to Dan's level of aero though. Still he'll have enough watts and aero to put this pretty far out there.
Quote Reply

Prev Next