Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Big Bear triathlon
Quote | Reply
Who has done this and what was your experience? Tribike or road bike? I know that it is a non-drafting race -but is it hilly enough to justify using a road bike with clip ons? Or go full TT on it?
Quote Reply
Re: Big Bear triathlon [Pmswanepoel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have done it - Tri bike. There are a fair amount of turns in the last 1/3 of the bike course...but it is a fast course on the first 2/3 of the bike leg. The hills are 'rolling' not 'climbing'....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking forward to doing it this year. I'll be using a Tri bike. I did a ride around the lake with a Road bike 10 years ago, didn't seem to crazy for TT handling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have done both the sprint and Olympic at Big Bear. Great race and going back this year to do the sprint again. Definitely a TT bike regardless of which distance you do. There is more climbing/descending with the Olympic but still a lot of good flat stretches to be make the TT bike an advantage. The sprint is a lot flatter and definitely a TT bike course.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks all
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
heads up - the elevation of Big Bear Lake, etc. is not that high, but if you live near sea level, the race might surprise you if you are not prepared.
Quote Reply