Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bicycle Retailer and Industry News
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Bicycle Retailer and Industry News [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really don't know how LBSs will survive this.
Already under pressure from online purchasing, now having to pay rent and other fixed costs while there's no income. Man this will be painful for them.
Quote Reply
Re: Bicycle Retailer and Industry News [dgutstadt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. I also wonder about downstream effects, like how a future dearth of LBS's might affect/alter the operations of businesses like Tribike Transport. Where do you drop your bike off if the local LBS(s) shutter?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swung by my LBS (in Los Angeles) yesterday since I needed an extra lock.
They are extremely busy with new purchases & ppl needing tune-ups.
They allow one customer/family to enter the store at a time to check out the new bikes and accessories but their services dept looked like a parking lot for Ciclavia with all the bikes in que.
Quote Reply
Re: Bicycle Retailer and Industry News [Tritops] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swung by my LBS today to grab my bike I had him do a once over on. They were also pretty busy, and the county he is in just declared shelter in place but his township is still open (for now). Not a very high rent area, so I think he'll be OK and probably get some relief, but some stores in major shopping centers could be hurting for sure.
Quote Reply
Re: Bicycle Retailer and Industry News [Boz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fed Ex or UPS...

#swimmingmatters
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
The Doctor (#12)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least for the bike shop I work at, if we continue to see business from all these tune ups and new people cycling then we will be ok. But if business drops off before the restrictions are lifted then ill probably be out of a job and the shop will close.

I think a lot of shops will be forced to drop rental fleets to stay open. Even when people start traveling again I don't think a lot of shops will have bikes to rent.

Trackie

Quote Reply
Re: Bicycle Retailer and Industry News [Boz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boz wrote:
I agree. I also wonder about downstream effects, like how a future dearth of LBS's might affect/alter the operations of businesses like Tribike Transport. Where do you drop your bike off if the local LBS(s) shutter?

i think tbt was already in "trouble." their business model doesn't make as much sense when checking your bag on a flight costs 10% of shipping via tbt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Most bike shops are getting the "essential" tag from what I've seen and have been crazy busy. Worry about race directors and races, not bike shops. They'll be fine.
Quote Reply