Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bi-saddle Shapeshifter EXT versus ISM PN 3.0
Quote | Reply
Hi fellows,

Bi-saddle Shapeshifter EXT versus ISM PN 3.0

Is there a consensus as to which saddle is better for Tri-bikes yet?

Or is there an even better saddle?

Thank you in advance!

GG
Quote Reply
Re: Bi-saddle Shapeshifter EXT versus ISM PN 3.0 [Gatineau Gator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There will never be a consensus on which saddles are best. It'll always be personal. That said, the Bisaddle can do everything the PN 3.1 can, and way more. You can get it set up exactly like the pn 3.1 then play with the width from there. I don't see a reason to buy any split nose saddle over the Bisaddle. There are some other very nice options out there with different styles. I think the Dash Strike is amazing. I've tried almost all the Dash Saddles and the strike remains my favorite.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Last edited by: realbdeal: Mar 15, 21 10:24
Quote Reply
Re: Bi-saddle Shapeshifter EXT versus ISM PN 3.0 [Gatineau Gator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saddles are subjective.

That said I have tried an PN 3.0 (still have it actually) and it didn't quite work for me on my Tri bike that sees mostly trainer use. I picked up 2 different BiSaddle models this past Christmas during that sale (both the SRT and the EXT Stealth tops).

So far after using the SRT without any of the wedges (flattening or rounding) I can't get fully comfortable on it. But it was still better than what I could handle on the PN 3.0. Now I'm experimenting with the flattening wedge with the SRT and it's a bit better actually. This might be my saddle setup possibly but I need more time with it to play with the widths and tilt. Motivation is lacking with being really busy for work the last few months and burning out last year doing too much sweet spot stuff on Trainerroad working from home.

Have not tried the EXT Stealth yet actually. Was thinking of putting that on my road bike to replace an Adamo Prologue that has worked well for me but that Prologue might be due for replacement soon..
Thinking I might try the PN 3.0 first on my road bike as I've found this along with the EXT Stealth similar in shape doing a side by side comparison. But my Prologue on my road bike is actually setup pretty well so I have no complaints and probably won't change it until it completely wears out.

This is my personal preference but I like the gel material on the ISM saddles better than the foam they use for BiSaddle. Wish padding similar to ISM can be offered for BiSaddle honestly too and then I'd probably be in bliss to be one with my saddle. The ISM I can't seem to find the right shaped one for me out of the ones I've tried. And I've tried a decent amount of them so far including an PN 2.0, PN 2.1 and the older Adamo TT and Road versions on top of the Prologue and PN 3.0.

I've also tried a Cobb JOF55 and that was not for me.
Last edited by: loxx0050: Mar 15, 21 11:38
Quote Reply