Re: Beth Mckenzie - Double Standard 101 [Ellsworth53T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ellsworth53T wrote:

Well I guess she's not getting invited to the Island House
Quote Reply
Re: Beth Mckenzie - Double Standard 101 [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
to nobody in particular... i just pulled a few posts. were they in violation of the rules of this forum? not really. they were just sort of over the civility line. i'm not scolding those who posted. i just felt they were a might overboard.

i understand why beth has a lot of friends. luke too. and, i don't think it's simply because of what they can substantively provide as friends.

i understand also (some of) the reasons why beth has detractors. join the club, beth. i also have them.

i'm not going to defend her; and i'm not going to trash her. or luke. if you guys want to write why you aren't their fans, okay, they're pro athletes, they're businesspeople, i am too, if we didn't want folks talking about it we should've shrunk back and not put ourselves out there. just, please exercise basic civility and stay inside the rules. if you won't write it on facebook, please don't write it here. you can be anonymous. just, please don't take advantage of anonymity.

I agree on this. Bash away but don't be a d*ck about it. People do have lapses in judgement, serve their time, and come out differently (I have friends who have had court mandated punishments and it really did change them)

but bash away - because I like a good roast!
Quote Reply
Re: Beth Mckenzie - Double Standard 101 [Tubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats it.

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Re: Beth Mckenzie - Double Standard 101 [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And she'll never get free ugly as shit Wynn gear!
But rumor has it that the Mckenzie's lost Island House so maybe other pro's can stop kissing their asses as well. Bravo for taking a stand in a professional way when others are too scared of their social media presence to do so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Luke should have just shut his mouth about the tweet. His personal involvement only magnifies the effect. An offshoot of Streisand Effect.
Quote Reply
Re: Beth Mckenzie - Double Standard 101 [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClarkWGriz wrote:
Is it really a double standard or is that every situation needs to be looked at independently to come to a fair conclusion? Unfortunately it is not always black and white with doping in my opinion. With what Lauren has been able to prove with her case and "luckily" being able to obtain a sample that could be tested and back up her claims I personally have to believe Beth. Both cases came out at almost the identical time, tested positive for the exact same substance which just seems to coincidental to me that it was intentional on her part. As much as I do enjoy following both Luke and Beth pro careers, their business success and personal lives on social that really has no bearing on me. I can totally see how this could happen with the way the supplement industry is regulated and just seems to coincidental to me to have been intentional.

I agree. Great post.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ellsworth53T wrote:

If nothing else, I'd expect Beth to fight her own battles. I don't need my wife to go to keyboard war for me...
Quote Reply
Re: Beth Mckenzie - Double Standard 101 [cmd111183] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cmd111183 wrote:
If nothing else, I'd expect Beth to fight her own battles. I don't need my wife to go to keyboard war for me...
You're a bigger man than Brian Colangelo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ellsworth53T wrote:
cmd111183 wrote:

You're a bigger man than Brian Colangelo

If you happen to know I'm from Philly, then more power to you......that situation deserves it's own thread and comedic response though.
Quote Reply
Re: Beth Mckenzie - Double Standard 101 [Tubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tubs wrote:
Am I the only one to find that tweet hilariously funny? I mean, no matter if you think she doped or not, you can't help but like the comedy of it. They would have been better to laugh it off with a comment to the tune of "touché". If you dish it out, you gotta be able to take it.

Did anyone mention that they are really nice people?
I also thought it was hilarious and well played. Sometimes things are better after being aged...2 years. Lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cmd111183 wrote:
Ellsworth53T wrote:

Having known nothing about the backstory of this, I simply thought that Caroline was simply agreeing with what she said.
Quote Reply
Re: Beth Mckenzie - Double Standard 101 [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
cmd111183 wrote:
Ellsworth53T wrote:

Having known nothing about the backstory of this, I simply thought that Caroline was simply agreeing with what she said.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I took it as her pointing out the irony as she finished behind Beth after her 2 year ban. Luke then got snippy about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cmd111183 wrote:
M~ wrote:
cmd111183 wrote:
Ellsworth53T wrote:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I took it as her pointing out the irony as she finished behind Beth after her 2 year ban. Luke then got snippy about it.

yup, that is the conclusion I came to after I looked into it a bit. But had Luke not said anything, I wouldn't have gone any further.
Quote Reply
Re: Beth Mckenzie - Double Standard 101 [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's some insanely petty people in this thread. And they come out every time someone asks about Wyn Republic gear(which is great stuff by the way, oh look above, a snide remark about their stuff).

I've read Beth's story, I've read tons of other salt contaminated products to understand. It's not like she's Lance and sued people into the ground.

Yeah, she said she'd retired and came back. Life changes in three years after you've put out another kid and start to get bored. Elite Athletes always get an itch.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Beth Mckenzie - Double Standard 101 [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:

Yeah, she said she'd retired and came back. Life changes in three years after you've put out another kid and start to get bored. Elite Athletes always get an itch.

I think her theory was she didnt want to be a Pro as she is drug tested too much and whereabouts needs to be completed.

Being an AG you still can get tested and being busted in the past, she would be however, not having to play by the whereabouts rules would be nice for her.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Beth Mckenzie - Double Standard 101 [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So.....did Beth beg you guys to delete the post??
Quote Reply
Re: Beth Mckenzie - Double Standard 101 [chalo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chalo wrote:

Free Wynn gear? :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cmd111183 wrote:
Ellsworth53T wrote:

Oh but he’s been at war from the beginning... begging Andrew Messick/Ironman to let her retire quietly and not making the positive drug test public. She could have retired to have another baby and once again mastered the art of story telling!
Quote Reply
Re: Beth Mckenzie - Double Standard 101 [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
There's some insanely petty people in this thread. And they come out every time someone asks about Wyn Republic gear(which is great stuff by the way, oh look above, a snide remark about their stuff).

I've read Beth's story, I've read tons of other salt contaminated products to understand. It's not like she's Lance and sued people into the ground.

I only pipe up when people try and defend or sugar-coat things. She's not like LA, but she was busted for doping, banned and has acted like an asshole before and after her ban, towards her fellow triathletes, WADA, Joe Public etc Hence the reason she attracts vitriol.

No big deal. She's served her time, let her race, but lets not pretend butter doesn't melt in her mouth hey...
Quote Reply
Re: Beth Mckenzie - Double Standard 101 [chalo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chalo wrote:

I didn’t delete my comments, but yeah, the OP did it looks like.
Quote Reply
Re: Beth Mckenzie - Double Standard 101 [Beautybabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i am in agreement with most of the sentiment here that there are double standards and it is hardly inspirational to say the least
However, how did you know that Luke was begging Ironman to keep this quiet????? Basically a cover-up then
Quote Reply
Re: Beth Mckenzie - Double Standard 101 [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, she is not a hardcore doper. I don't have any knowledge to decide if she doped intentionally or not.

However, when you call someone out and then the same thing happens to you, you need to be prepared that other people call you out as well and you've got to take it.

Sh**t happens in life. But don't get angry when someone plays games that you have been playing as well.

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Re: Beth Mckenzie - Double Standard 101 [ToBeasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am thinking what Gerlach said about the risk/gain ratio of going rogue on social media not being favorable.

I went from not knowing who these ladies are to being curious when the next race might be - I am sure they are training for vengeance now.

What proved :

They are here to win and are all in
They are closely matched
They don't accept any injustice quietly
In their minds they are each the champion
Even 2 years penalty wasn't enough to cool passion for the sport
They both making up time lost
Luke is a romantic soul

If they got enough peoples attention it might play in their favor.

That said, I hope that doesn't become a tactic in sports - clean racing then Springer style social media brawls ,fueled by sponsor dollars for eyeballs

Be good to eachother, folks
Quote Reply
Re: Beth Mckenzie - Double Standard 101 [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
Luke should have just shut his mouth about the tweet. His personal involvement only magnifies the effect. An offshoot of Streisand Effect.

You're right, this got me looking at a few dopers where otherwise I wouldn't of had a clue who they were or what they'd done.

What I find strange is (and I stand to be corrected) that all these cases of osterine being in contaminated supplements only occur with women? Aren't men doing the same, and as there's more men competing than women, I'd expect more men to get popped than women but this doesn't appear to be the case?
Quote Reply
Re: Beth Mckenzie - Double Standard 101 [moonmonkey02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This guy was just busted for it. Same excuse

https://triathlonmagazine.ca/...s-positive-ostarine/

moonmonkey02 wrote:
ajthomas wrote:

You're right, this got me looking at a few dopers where otherwise I wouldn't of had a clue who they were or what they'd done.

What I find strange is (and I stand to be corrected) that all these cases of osterine being in contaminated supplements only occur with women? Aren't men doing the same, and as there's more men competing than women, I'd expect more men to get popped than women but this doesn't appear to be the case?

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply

Prev Next