Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best way to meet single triathletes? [peace242000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
peace242000 wrote:
become a coach...
pink

Or get a coach. I meet my wife on a training ride because we had the same coach.
Quote Reply
Re: Best way to meet single triathletes? [peace242000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
peace242000 wrote:
become a coach...
pink

Business ethics aside...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Best way to meet single triathletes? [WFPB Athlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My last girlfriend found me on Strava.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Best way to meet single triathletes? [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
Nah, you don't want a triathlete . . . they are all high maintenance, they tell the same stories over and over, and enough is never enough.

Female triathletes are especially high maintenance. Cycling with my then gf was a nightmare. She didn't want to 'draft' on training rides, and she would cry and pack a sad if I dropped her on a climb.
Quote Reply
Re: Best way to meet single triathletes? [JTNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JTNY wrote:
WFPB Athlete wrote:
Where's the best place to meet other single triathletes? Obviously local triathlon, cycling, running, and swimming clubs are good places to meet new people, but most of us know the majority within our social circles already and would like to meet new people. What are the best places to meet other triathletes?

maybe race organizers can feature special colored bibs to indicate the individual Is "single and ready to mingle" lol
and in addition have a separate wave just for those folks....pretty sure folks will forgo their PR goals if they're paired up with a cutie for a few hours...

Apparently you haven't read the T3 thread.

Singles should get that "special bib" to participate in Transition #3.

Or go to the KwikTrip in Cross Plains on the IMMOO course. All the young roadies stop there to eyeball up the female triathletes stopping to refill and refuel.
Quote Reply
Re: Best way to meet single triathletes? [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
david wrote:
Nah, you don't want a triathlete . . . they are all high maintenance, they tell the same stories over and over, and enough is never enough.

Most female triathletes are especially high maintenance. Cycling with my gf is a nightmare. She doesn't want to 'draft' on training rides

This.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Best way to meet single triathletes? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
fulla wrote:
david wrote:

Most female triathletes are especially high maintenance. Cycling with my gf is a nightmare. She doesn't want to 'draft' on training rides

This.

Yes that was a big generalisation of me to make.
Quote Reply
Re: Best way to meet single triathletes? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
Here are a couple of proven strategies

1. choose a big race, go to it. The bigger the race the better. Don't race. Instead break out your preferred app. Go to transition. Set the range in the app to 1 mile. Start swiping. I've heard the record is 17 meet & greets in a single 3 day race weekend. Speed dating at it's finest.

2. Find workout groups in your area. There is one here in town that has had at least 5 marriages in the last 20 years

3. dating apps

4. having dated several triathletes, bike racers, runners, a cross fitters, a swimmer and other athletes all across the US over the dozen or so years I've been divorced my advice is don't focus on having the person be a triathlete or runner or whatever sporty type you think you want. In fact if you're searching for a specific type you'll probably have fun with them........until you no longer do.

Search for the person that you get along with, enjoy their company, want to hang out with them and if they think dog walking and Pilates are exercise just roll with it. Could be the best relationship you'll have vs trying out the various sporty types the country has to offer.

My other advice is think about why your single and what your hang ups are, where you tend to fall down or rise above in relationships, what your flaws are etc. The better you know who you are the better your odds are of finding someone awesome.

If you're just after the race weekend date or short term those are really easy to find. Finding someone to hang out with for the next 4-xx years, well, that's a bit more difficult. YMMV

I'll be honest the don't race but go to a race and use the nearby setting on a dating app is ingenious.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WFPB Athlete wrote:
desert dude wrote:

I'll be honest the don't race but go to a race and use the nearby setting on a dating app is ingenious.

This.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WFPB Athlete wrote:
Where's the best place to meet other single triathletes? Obviously local triathlon, cycling, running, and swimming clubs are good places to meet new people, but most of us know the majority within our social circles already and would like to meet new people. What are the best places to meet other triathletes?

Met multiple triathletes on tinder... lol just keep swiping til you see someone active. Also went on a date with a girl who was 25 and climbed all 7 summits on tinder so they’re out there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whole Foods
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:

1. choose a big race, go to it. The bigger the race the better. Don't race. Instead break out your preferred app. Go to transition. Set the range in the app to 1 mile. Start swiping. I've heard the record is 17 meet & greets in a single 3 day race weekend. Speed dating at it's finest.

Clever.
Quote Reply
Re: Best way to meet single triathletes? [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Engner66 wrote:
desert dude wrote:

Clever.

Genius. Finally found a reason to volunteer for a race and pump up my numbers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WFPB Athlete wrote:
desert dude wrote:

2. Find workout groups in your area. There is one here in town that has had at least 5 marriages in the last 20 years

3. dating apps

4. having dated several triathletes, bike racers, runners, a cross fitters, a swimmer and other athletes all across the US over the dozen or so years I've been divorced my advice is don't focus on having the person be a triathlete or runner or whatever sporty type you think you want. In fact if you're searching for a specific type you'll probably have fun with them........until you no longer do.

Search for the person that you get along with, enjoy their company, want to hang out with them and if they think dog walking and Pilates are exercise just roll with it. Could be the best relationship you'll have vs trying out the various sporty types the country has to offer.

My other advice is think about why your single and what your hang ups are, where you tend to fall down or rise above in relationships, what your flaws are etc. The better you know who you are the better your odds are of finding someone awesome.

If you're just after the race weekend date or short term those are really easy to find. Finding someone to hang out with for the next 4-xx years, well, that's a bit more difficult. YMMV

The problem with meeting people at big, out of town races is that they will likely live somewhere far away from you. I've met single women at lots of out of town races but NONE of them lived anywhere near me. Now I have met a girl or two at LOCAL races and they lived in my local area. However, based on many yrs of experience, I think the very best place to meet single girls is the pool where you swim regularly. You get to see pretty much exactly what their body looks like, and what they look like with wet hair and minimal makeup. Of course, this strategy requires that you swim regularly to have success. One swim a week is not really going to work but 4 or more swims of an hour or so should do the trick.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gotta come to Australia:
https://www.fitness-singles.com/reg/step1?preq=1&fit=athletic&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjrf_8O_x6wIVUX8rCh0LmwiAEAAYASAAEgJxevD_BwE

Quote Reply
Re: Best way to meet single triathletes? [vanchize] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vanchize wrote:
Engner66 wrote:
desert dude wrote:

Clever.

Genius. Finally found a reason to volunteer for a race and pump up my numbers.

And you guys think I just give out coaching advice to my athletes!

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Best way to meet single triathletes? [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
WFPB Athlete wrote:
desert dude wrote:

3. dating apps

The problem with meeting people at big, out of town races is that they will likely live somewhere far away from you.......

It's about getting status at your favorite airline sooner!

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
True dating story. Not mine but it involves an ITU athlete who most would recognize.

I was coaching a top AG athlete in another country who swam with a squad. His squad swam at the same time as [ name redacted] who races on the ITU circuit and who even to this day when I see her on youtube, on the podium, or in a magazine or in the coverage during a race I think of this story.

Their squads started on opposite sides of the pool & swam at the same times. They were there 5x/wk, together, by together I mean 50m and 3 lanes apart, over the winter, which oddly in this country it seems to be more often than not.

They matched up on tinder and had been messaging there & then progressed to whatsapp. He and I are whatsapping one day about training and he's telling me about wanting to go out with her, that they'd been messaging and it had gone to the next level. I advise him to stroll 50m down the pool after swimming and just chat with her instead of them sitting 50m apart messaging. Bc that's what kids do these days it seems. You message for 15 min while you can see each other on opposite ends of the pool \_O_/.....kids today...shakes head

To me, and I come from a sales background, nothing beats that face to face meeting, being able to display confidence even though internally your shaking like a leaf in a tornado, especially after 100s of messages. It just seems to make sense, after all they'd been messaging for a week at this point and things had gone to the next level, whatever that means, that the easiest way to get to meet her in person is walk down and ask her out for coffee after swimming. It's only 50m, you're a triathlete, if that wears you out you're not ready to date much less start a race. I mean you two have spent more time swimming 3 lanes apart and messaging than actually talking in person.

In my years on dating apps you get about 10 messages. If we can't arrange a meet & greet at that point it becomes a waste of time. Who wants to message back n forth forever? My guess is most people aren't on dating apps bc they need a penpal. But what do I know? Maybe I was doing it wrong.

Anyway he's all I can't do that, that's too bold. After about another week of me coaching him on approaching her (not in the job description..at all....I may add) and them messaging he finally works up the courage, strolls down 50m, asks her out and she says yes!

Finally! Halleluiah, strike up the band, let there be fireworks..not bc she said yes but because he worked up the courage to put down the phone and walk 50m down the pool deck to talk with her in person. I mean yes also because she said yes but mostly because he got the courage to ask her in person.

They go get coffee. Turns out the date lead to another which lead to them not seeing each other bc of whatever reason.

The moral of the story is messaging is fine to start with, really that's all you have and 6 pics. You can waste a lot of time, come up with a lot of awesome scenario's dreaming about the future before ever meeting the person.
In person, face to face is better and wastes less time. Usually within 1/2 cup of tea (bc coffee is really bitter, like your scorned ex) you can figure out if you're a match.

Also don't be a dick to your soon to be ex, just tell them it's not working and be done with it, don't drag it out "oh it's me not you." Or lets be friends or maybe we can revisit this in a few months." Don't do that. Just say "hey I need to go in another direction, I wish you the best moving forward." and move on.

If you've made it this far the ITU athlete is...well, I'll never tell.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Sep 18, 20 5:34
Quote Reply
Re: Best way to meet single triathletes? [T2LV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T2LV wrote:
Also went on a date with a girl who was 25 and climbed all 7 summits on tinder so they’re out there.

"[C]limbed all 7 summits on tinder" is an interesting euphemism.
Quote Reply
Re: Best way to meet single triathletes? [fishgo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fishgo wrote:
Apparently you haven't read the T3 thread.

For reference

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=4092051#p4092051

Enjoy your day

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Best way to meet single triathletes? [BlackStumpGumby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BlackStumpGumby wrote:
T2LV wrote:
Also went on a date with a girl who was 25 and climbed all 7 summits on tinder so they’re out there.

"[C]limbed all 7 summits on tinder" is an interesting euphemism.

Yes, sentence structure there is key

"I met a man with a wooden leg named 'Smith'"
"What was the name of his other leg?"

I once dated a girl who knew all six dances - Ballet, Jazz, and Tap; Pole, Couch, and Lap

That being said, the B-52s say there are sixteen dances [although they only name ten]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRuRKirloQ8

Quote Reply
Re: Best way to meet single triathletes? [djmsbr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
djmsbr wrote:
Outside of divorce court. Often, one ex spouse is a triathlete and the other not. You will probably be able to deduce which is which.

As I've posted before: I know a few folks whose IronHubby or IronMissus is now an IronEx

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Group Ride for me. Then after 2 months of being awkward, just ask her out.
We are going out tomorrow :)

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I met my wife at the local triathlon shop.
We ended up chatting in the store for over an hour, went on a bike ride the next day and we're still together 13 years later.
Probably doesn't help as planning to randomly meet someone in a retail outlet is kinda creepy.

If I was single dude today, I would get more into ultra-running (I dabble).
The gender gap in ultra running is closing fast and a local RD has said he now gets more female registrants.
There is lots of time to chat and meet people in ultras as the pace is much slower.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WFPB Athlete wrote:
Where's the best place to meet other single triathletes?
I met my to-be wife at a NYE party in 2003, hosted by a tri friend we have in common.

Single game over.

no sponsors | no races | nothing to see here
Last edited by: philly1x: Sep 18, 20 12:46
Quote Reply

Prev Next