Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best tubeless tire pump?
Quote | Reply
Thinking of getting one, have read lots of reviews. Any strong opinions here?

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Best tubeless tire pump? [Zippy303] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Topeak JoeBlow Booster and I can't say enough good things about it. It's great!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got the joeblow booster and a buddy has the bontrager. Both work. No real preference.

However, you can get a cheap compressor from harbor freight for less. Add in a presta adapter and you'll be set.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can easily set my 4-5" fat tires with my Bontrager Flash Charger. Very sweet pump.

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Compressor

Lezyne pressure over-drive. Set the thing initially to ~170 psi, and it seats anything

https://www.lezyne.com/...hv-pressovrdrive.php
Quote Reply
Re: Best tubeless tire pump? [Bonesbrigade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bonesbrigade wrote:
Compressor

+1

A compressor for $50 to $100 at the home center is all you need for the home workshop. Sometimes getting tires to setup can take a few tries - especially if you are still learning the process. Having to charge the chamber time after time can add up to frustration.

On the other hand, a pump can come in handy if you need to re-setup a tire away from home. When I travel overnight to races, I bring the compressor just in case (I’ve never needed it).
Quote Reply
Re: Best tubeless tire pump? [CrankShaft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you already have a good track pump then another alternative is an 'Airshot' inflator , or Schwalbe's licenced version of the Airshot ('Tire Booster' as Schwalbe call it).
Both are basically the same. They have a cylinder about 3-4" diameter and 12- )14" long. You pump up the cylinder to about 150psi with your existing track pump. Then connect to the tubeless wheel, and turn the valve handle to deliver the sudden whoosh of air needed to seat tubeless tyres.
Cheaper than a compressor or a combined pump + cylinder. And portable.

I use mine on mtb wheels. Works great.
Quote Reply