Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best treadmill for $800 or less? And where to find discounts?
Quote | Reply
I need to replace our old treadmill and I have a budget of $800 max. What treadmill is the best for that price? (or cheaper). I'm 6'3" and 185 lbs, so the bigger/sturdier the better - I've broken the deck on my last one twice.

Also, where can I find discounts or the best prices on them? My local store that carries treadmills is an Academy. But I'm not opposed to ordering one or something like that.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Best treadmill for $800 or less? And where to find discounts? [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ended up buying my last treadmill at a Sears outlet store. Some sort of Nordic Track with a relatively big deck and max speed of 12mph. Think it was originally $1,500 but marked down to ~$700 as I recall. I'm 25lbs lighter than you but run hard on it and have yet to break it after 5 years of running. Sears is bankrupt and closing a bunch of stores. If there's one in your area I'd check it out for deals or maybe even their website.

ZenTriBrett wrote:
I need to replace our old treadmill and I have a budget of $800 max. What treadmill is the best for that price? (or cheaper). I'm 6'3" and 185 lbs, so the bigger/sturdier the better - I've broken the deck on my last one twice.

Also, where can I find discounts or the best prices on them? My local store that carries treadmills is an Academy. But I'm not opposed to ordering one or something like that.
Quote Reply
Re: Best treadmill for $800 or less? And where to find discounts? [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For that budget I'd look at a good quality used treadmill - check out Craigslist. Often times health clubs or other places that have commercial grade treadmills sell decent used ones when they get new ones in. If you've already broken two decks the same might happen again on a 'cheaper' new one.

I personally have a True PS100 that has been rock solid in the 4+ years I've owned it, but above your price point.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Best treadmill for $800 or less? And where to find discounts? [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
natethomas wrote:
For that budget I'd look at a good quality used treadmill - check out Craigslist. Often times health clubs or other places that have commercial grade treadmills sell decent used ones when they get new ones in. If you've already broken two decks the same might happen again on a 'cheaper' new one.

I personally have a True PS100 that has been rock solid in the 4+ years I've owned it, but above your price point.

Going along with Craigslist - I waited a some time to find one but came across a Landice L7 with 100 miles on it. I paid $900. The owner paid $3500 for it and was building a new house and didn't have anywhere to store it.

Point being, if you are willing to wait and take some time to look, you can find a good deal.

Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Re: Best treadmill for $800 or less? And where to find discounts? [jeepguy2358] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeepguy2358 wrote:
natethomas wrote:

Going along with Craigslist - I waited a some time to find one but came across a Landice L7 with 100 miles on it. I paid $900. The owner paid $3500 for it and was building a new house and didn't have anywhere to store it.

Point being, if you are willing to wait and take some time to look, you can find a good deal.

I just realized I may be screwed trying to fit a used high end treadmill off craigslist in the training cave. If it's new and in flat boxes, I can get it in there to build it. But it was a nightmare just getting our $600 cheap one in there when we moved in, having to take a tight turn 90 degrees into a long narrow hallway and then another 90 degree turn left through the second narrow doorway. Crud. Sometimes taking things apart, you can't get them back together like they should be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Used by far. Soooo many people by them as new years resolutions and then end up using it as a coat rack for 2 - 3 years. I got a commercial life fitness model for $500 that was initially $3500 and my wife ended up with her Nordic trac elliptical the same way. Both on facebook marketplace or yard sale groups.

I would only buy new if you want some crazy feature that is only on current year models. Not sure what that would be though.

Strange you broke the deck at 185 pounds. That shouldn't be close to the limit on almost any treadmill.
Quote Reply