Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best running shoes for high arches and plantar fasciitis
Quote | Reply
Been dealing with plantar fasciitis since october and have really high arches.

Have been running in Hoka Cliftons for year, thinking maybe a change in shoe may help

any ideas?

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: Best running shoes for high arches and plantar fasciitis [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same issue, and high arches, and then I started mixing it up. Not just style but brand, flats too. I think the problem is that my feet had become so accustomed to one style of shoe. I had originally bought two new brands to try, and just kept rotating them. There may not be any science to this but it worked for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Best running shoes for high arches and plantar fasciitis [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the New Balance line, the 1080v10 has been our go-to shoe at our store for high arches/plantar fasciitis.

Larry Lahodny
Owner, Gizmo Socks
Henderson, NV
Quote Reply
Re: Best running shoes for high arches and plantar fasciitis [lahodny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lahodny wrote:
In the New Balance line, the 1080v10 has been our go-to shoe at our store for high arches/plantar fasciitis.

What design or materials features drive this recommendation? I battle PF often and do find benefit in shoe rotation, but there's no rhyme or reason to the shoe choices wrt PF. So, if there are shoes - or even better - shoe characteristics that are better for PF, I might modify my choices.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get orthotics/insoles made to your feet, buy any shoe you want, run and enjoy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you thought about getting custom orthotics?

After years of trying to find the right trainer I went for the customs and now switch between Brooks Adrenaline and Saucony Guide. Not had any problems for a few years now and I save money as both are available cheap on line.
Quote Reply
Re: Best running shoes for high arches and plantar fasciitis [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the delay in answering your question. The New Balance 1080v10 tends to have a more pronounced arch, which tends to support the high arched foot better, and seems to also take stress away from the heel, hence helping with PF. Mostly, it has been anecdotal evidence that leads to this recommendation.

Larry Lahodny
Owner, Gizmo Socks
Henderson, NV
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with others, get a good rotation of shoes, Hoka's are good for longer run's as well as the New Balance that were suggested. I'd also recommend a running orthotic, I'm a practicing podiatrist and make them very low profile that allow people to run in them without feeling too bulky or heavy. Also I'd highly recommend getting night splints, and working on your flexibility in hips, legs, calves, etc.
Quote Reply