Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best computer/display for showing large power #
Quote | Reply
I typically run a Garmin 520 on my aero bars for displaying my power, I don’t really keep the data as I use the Garmin in my wrist for that.. so i am really just using the bike Garmin to display info in real time but I wish the watt # (font size) could be bigger (fill the screen) I am use to it so I will leave it as is but I’m setting up my wife’s new bike and for her and thought before I ordered a bike Garmin I’d check if there was a computer/display out there that allowed you to configured it so that the watt # was nice and big (big font.) Wahoo? Etc. thx

Quote | Reply
couldn't you just set your edge 520 to one data field and set it to power?

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Last edited by: mknight84: Jun 15, 19 9:58
Quote Reply
Re: Best computer/display for showing large power # [gregtay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wahoo bolt. Bought for same reason. Can zoom in and out with side buttons up and down.

When you zoom in you lose fields but the what shows is bigger. Still records them though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wahoo Elemnt can show numbers in a huge format. The Bolt as well but display is smaller so the numbers are as well.
I recently also acquired an Edge 530 which is ok as well for me but it doesn’t have the ‘zoom’ function. Also on the Edge 530, the BBS power field is displayed in really small numbers, no matter the display setting on the Garmin and is simply unreadable for lots of people...
Sam
Quote Reply
Re: Best computer/display for showing large power # [sgy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sgy wrote:
Wahoo Elemnt can show numbers in a huge format. The Bolt as well but display is smaller so the numbers are as well.
I recently also acquired an Edge 530 which is ok as well for me but it doesn’t have the ‘zoom’ function. Also on the Edge 530, the BBS power field is displayed in really small numbers, no matter the display setting on the Garmin and is simply unreadable for lots of people...
Sam

Super, thx

Quote | Reply
Yup. Spot on as I said.

Only reason I got wahoo was this feature. Now though, I wouldn’t trade wahoo.
Quote Reply
Re: Best computer/display for showing large power # [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have my G 520 set to display Power, Cadence and Speed. The numbers are pretty big, if you can't see them you might have a vision problem or your head is way too high!

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Re: Best computer/display for showing large power # [Fuller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vision problem, yes.

Glad the Garmin works for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On a Garmin device you could solve this by setting up different pages and scroll through them while we riding.
Overall, the Wahoo device usage and setup is the easiest and most user-friendly.
Garmin probably has more features but which device is best for you is really a personal preference.
I like both but if I had to recommend one to a now tech savvy person, I would recommend the Wahoo for sure.
If it were for myself I don't think I would prefer one over the other.
One thing I do not like with the Wahoo computers is that there is no sleep mode. When they power off, they do so completely and you have to reselect a route if you want to ride one. Max auto power off delay is 2h though which is long enough for most situations.

Sam
Quote Reply