Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best Shoes For Achilles tendonitis
Quote | Reply
Kindly tell me is that important to buy shoes with high heel to toe drop for Achilles tendonitis injury? What type of shoes should I choose for Achilles tendonitis?
Quote Reply
Re: Best Shoes For Achilles tendonitis [Umair Amil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My doctor put me in a boot for achilles tendonitis. I forget for how long but I never had a problem again. You probably shouldn't be running. But, yes, the raised heel does take pressure off of the achilles. Most people weren't around when raised heels came in in running shoes, it was to take pressure off of the achilles. If I were you, I'd take some time off from running, work on your swim, and come back better than ever.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Best Shoes For Achilles tendonitis [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
My doctor put me in a boot for achilles tendonitis. I forget for how long but I never had a problem again. You probably shouldn't be running. But, yes, the raised heel does take pressure off of the achilles. Most people weren't around when raised heels came in in running shoes, it was to take pressure off of the achilles. If I were you, I'd take some time off from running, work on your swim, and come back better than ever.

Rest will probably do nothing for his AT. He needs to figure out what's causing it. For me it was tight hip flexors. Rest did very little. I also started running in Hokas which helped a lot.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Shoes For Achilles tendonitis [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i struggle with the same thing. when i first get up my achilles hurt like the devil. after im up and moving around it goes away. know what that tells me? its a tight muscle somewhere pulling on my achilles. ive been stretching a lot more recently and nearly all the "stoved up old man" feeling is gone except in my achilles, and i dont stretch my calfs nearly as much.

all that said, from personal experience, possibly start working on stretching more to get to the root of the problem versus just treating it.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Best Shoes For Achilles tendonitis [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really thanks for your support someone also refers me HOKA One One Bondi 5. Kindly do me one favour and tell me the given criteria for Achilles tendonitis shoes in this blog is correct or not? https://fitfootpro.com/...achilles-tendonitis/
Quote Reply
Re: Best Shoes For Achilles tendonitis [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
i struggle with the same thing. when i first get up my achilles hurt like the devil. after im up and moving around it goes away. know what that tells me? its a tight muscle somewhere pulling on my achilles. ive been stretching a lot more recently and nearly all the "stoved up old man" feeling is gone except in my achilles, and i dont stretch my calfs nearly as much.

all that said, from personal experience, possibly start working on stretching more to get to the root of the problem versus just treating it.

There's very little blood going to tendons, that's why they take so long to heal, especially a big tendon like your achilles. It's also the reason why it's painful in the morning and at the start of a run, but gets better after a little bit of moving aruond.

I had it last year, got worse July-Sept. Took Oct off completely as I was on a work trip which involved very little physical work and couldn't exercise. The achilles didn't improve at all. Every morning very painful, and I could see the swelling in the achilles.
In November I started doing stretches (with the toes on the stairs, did those everyday initially, but gradually less and less until around late December) and I started the BarryP 3-2-1 running. Very easy running, starting with 30km a week, and monitoring the achilles very closely. It slowly improved and in February I was completely painfree again.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Shoes For Achilles tendonitis [TriStart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i’m doing barry p as well!!

😁

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did they happen to mention if you also had achilles bursitis? That kinda goes along with tendon issues back there. I've been using Hoka Cliftons this season where I cut out the hard plastic heel counter and glue the fabric back together--basically making a soft heeled shoe. No real loss in stability.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After two years of Achilles problems, I followed advice from Dave Scott. I used a foam roller 4 times a day, calf, hamstrings quads, glutes. It took a few weeks. Raising the heel did not help me, but it is commonly prescribed.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply