Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best Place to Sell a Bike?
Quote | Reply
Is e-bay still the best place to post?

Can anyone recommend a dedicated forum/on-line classifieds site that is likely to hit the target market (QR Kilo PR, so cycling forums may not be best???)?

Thanks for any advice.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Place to Sell a Bike? [Oz Tri-Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Judging by your handle - are you in Aussie? If so I think Australia would be the best place to sell as shipping out of Aussie to anywhere else could add quite a bit of extra $. Coul

Ebay is a good place to sell things IMO, but put a reserve price on it. There is also a good classified section at www.roadbikereview.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Place to Sell a Bike? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's right, although the market for dedicated tri bikes with 650c wheels in Australia is quite limited out here, so I have been thinking of widening the search.

Thanks for the heads up on roadbikereview - will check it out and see what I can come up with.

Great result for Macca in IM Aust - what odds will you give me that he knocks de Boom off his perch in Kona this time around...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Great result for Macca in IM Aust - what odds will you give me that he knocks de Boom off his perch in Kona this time around... "

I'd love to see it. In fact I love to see anybody riding shallow win Kona such as when VanLierde did on a road Giant TCR in 1996(one of the fastest bike times ever and the fastest ever over all time). It really shakes up the "steep is the only way to go" crowd on the forum. Although I often ride steep myself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"although the market for dedicated tri bikes with 650c wheels in Australia is quite limited out here,"

Just curious, why would that be? Oz is such a tri friendly country with a lot of good pros and age groupers.

Are there any Oz bike manufacturers making tri bikes? Here in Canada we've got Cervelo and Guru as well as a specialty high end road bike company called Argon that has just come out with a beautiful new 650 carbon tri bike. Not bad for a place that has snow almost half the year.

I notice the Euros seem also to be getting away from 650. Was it ever popular in Oz?
Quote Reply
Re: Best Place to Sell a Bike? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no idea why it is. Speaking to guy's who have been in the sport much longer than I have, the market seems to go in ebb's and flows, and 650c wheels went out of fashion about two or more years ago. The vast majority of people I see competing here are riding road geometry with drops and clips-on's.

Although triathlon is popular out here, it is only really popluar in niche communities, with the vast majority of people in the community still perceiving triathlon as an Extreme sport to be undertaken by people who love to hurt themselves.

Melbourne, where I live, is very tri friendly. A long stretch of flat coastal road is closed most Sunday mornings over summer with as many as four series being run by various organisations. If you wanted to, you could compete in a sprint tri most weekends from November through to April. And the National Series is screened (not live) at various stages on Sunday afternoons (perfect to come back from a long training ride and flop down in front of), which is raising the profile.

But back to the 650c wheel size lack of interest, your guess is as good as mine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes, ebay. however the quality of the buyers has gone down. overall though I have always found that ebay is a better p-lace to sell than buy.

I was, now I will tri again!
Any time is a good time.
God Bless you my friend.
Quote Reply
Check out Tom's editorial... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply