Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best Place to Open Water Swim Corpus Christi,TX
Quote | Reply
Headed to Corpus Christi tomorrow for a few hours and looking to get in an a 2 mile open water swim....any suggestions on where to start from?? Thanks.

Steve Rosinski

Pro Triathlete - USA
Doctor Of Optometry
Steverosinski.com
Quote Reply
Re: Best Place to Open Water Swim Corpus Christi,TX [rosirunner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rosirunner13 wrote:
Headed to Corpus Christi tomorrow for a few hours and looking to get in an a 2 mile open water swim....any suggestions on where to start from?? Thanks.

I have the same question. Will be in Corpus Christi next month for a family vacation. Would like to get a half IM swim in.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Place to Open Water Swim Corpus Christi,TX [rosirunner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve spent quite a bit of time in Corpus for windsurfing. I haven’t open water swum there, but I’d recommend the Laguna Madre, which is the area between Padre Island and the coast. It’s a lot flatter than the bay.

You could start from Bird Island Basin, which has a camp ground, bathrooms, and a windsurfing shop. The shoreline has a firm, sandy shelf that’s around knee deep, but you can swim just beyond that and it’s around shoulder deep. Definitely bring a safety buoy though because of the windsurfers and boats. Boat traffic is pretty light but it’s still better to be seen.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Place to Open Water Swim Corpus Christi,TX [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A few of our members have swam from the Bayfront area by the Emerald Holiday Inn or the T-heads Marina area. The Bay water isn't the greatest but you can get a swim in there. CC Tri Club has unsupported swims at times on the weekend at Mathis Lake which is about a 40 minute drive from the city. You could try joining the club's FB page and get some more suggestions from there.

Quote Reply