Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best Multi-Sport watch, in your opinion
Quote | Reply
I am currently using a Garmin 405 and it just isn't cutting in for Triathlons. What do you use, and what would you recommend? I train heart rate exclusively, would like something I can upload to a Mac and analyze, and use with TP. Thanks for your help.

Aaron
Quote Reply
Re: Best Multi-Sport watch, in your opinion [army clyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What don't you like about it?
After having tried out a friend's 305, I got an FR60 & really like the simplicity of it.
It's not the easiest in terms of one-button swapping events, but it's not that big a deal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rainmaker is your friend if GPS is part of your "must haves:" http://www.dcrainmaker.com/...etic-gps-device.html

Outside of GPS, I would say Suunto T6 (because I also climb and it has a real altimeter, and the form factor is nice), but the Mac support is suck out of the box (look for rubiTrack though).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While I'm currently using the Garmin 310 I really liked my Polar RS400sd too. I just wanted to get away from the large footpod.

Ii don't know about the Mac upload...I'm a PC

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Garmin 305 or 310xt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The number 1 issue I have with the Garmin 405 is it is not water proof. I like the sleek look and not needing pod accessories, but it is difficult to change up sports. I went against Garmin's advice and wore the 405 on the swim in Chicago. Wasn't the bet Idea I've ever had. It still works, but I had to give it a couple days to dry out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the 310xt worth the cash?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I begrudgingly give my nod to the 310xt. As much as it is disturbing in it's fleshy orange rubber casing, its vibrating innards, and it's enormous size, it is the best you can do today. I like Garmin over other brands.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aaron, try out the Polar RS800cx..lots of accessories..http://www.polarusa.com/...g_multisport/RS800CX
Quote Reply
Re: Best Multi-Sport watch, in your opinion [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love my Garmin 310XT, I will never go back... just forward if better products come out
Quote Reply
Re: Best Multi-Sport watch, in your opinion [Frenchman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Have you noticed that the t6 is now offered with the new service called Movescount.com. So you can upload all your data from PC or Mac to the service. Shows all the data from your t6 such as EPOC, HR etc. graphs.

Janne
ps. Just that you know, I'm working in Suunto and with Movescount.com

—
Quote Reply