Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best Fan to keep cool on the Trainer/Rollers/Treadmill. ????
Quote | Reply
I saw some people talking about fans for their computrainer setup, and figured fans deserve their own thread. So post your own favorite fan or link it, or +1 somebody else's or whatever.

Lasko Pro Performance 4900 is what I use. I typically wear clear safety glasses as well, if I am blowing it over my face, as the breeze is quite strong. It has three settings, and low is more than enough. Quiet compared to others I have owned.

http://www.amazon.com/...p;pf_rd_i=B000FATZR4

The only downside is that up close the airstream is focused rather than broad. On the bike it is no big deal for me. I aim it at my upper torso, and the forward angle of my body on the bike flows some of the air down to my waist area. My legs never seem to get too hot. I tend to dip my head in and out of the airstream as needed to cool my head. I could see how the focused airstream might be less desireable if a runner wanted to hit a broad area of the body and could not back the fan away a little farther to allow the airstream to widen out.
Last edited by: Cheesy Bottom: Jun 1, 12 10:24
Quote Reply
Re: Best Fan to keep cool on the Trainer/Rollers/Treadmill [Cheesy Bottom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I highly recommend the air king brand. I think I have the 20" and it works awesome. I had another fan and was running both of them together but I can't even tell the other fan is on the air king is so powerful.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Fan to keep cool on the Trainer/Rollers/Treadmill [Cheesy Bottom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your typical household fan is sufficient for me. Cost me $20 at home depot
Quote Reply
Re: Best Fan to keep cool on the Trainer/Rollers/Treadmill [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PeaTearGriffin wrote:
Your typical household fan is sufficient for me. Cost me $20 at home depot

No way you just referred to the KISS principle. Warning, this is ST.

Quote Reply
Re: Best Fan to keep cool on the Trainer/Rollers/Treadmill [txnovice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 on the Air King 20".

I don't believe in skimping on fans for trainer rides. I find that the Air King is sufficient for lower intensity rides. For a hard interval session, though, I have that in front of me, plus a Vornado fan blasting at me from a table to my side, and I'm still sweating like crazy. If you're the type who can get away with a cheap/weak fan, then all power to you, but for many of us the aggressive ventilation is non-negotiable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also have an air king it is hung on the wall and is 1/3 hp motor. it was so strong that I had to buy a router speed reducer to control speeds below the lowest setting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just go with a small household fan blowing from the ground up toward my body and face. And then I like to sit right under the ceiling fan and watch tv ;-) I adjust fan intensity according to ride intensity.

Owner of Dream Big Triathlon Coaching LLC
http://www.dreambigtriathloncoaching.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Best Fan to keep cool on the Trainer/Rollers/Treadmill [lopott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lopott wrote:
I also have an air king it is hung on the wall and is 1/3 hp motor. it was so strong that I had to buy a router speed reducer to control speeds below the lowest setting

Which model Air King is it??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any "High Velocity" fan, 5000CFM or better, that costs $50 or more. Harbor Frieght or Northern Tool have excellent floor fans that meet this criteria. I strap mine to a small table and blast it at me. Makes those trainer workouts not suck so bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Fan to keep cool on the Trainer/Rollers/Treadmill [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
9020, it is marked for commercial use only, got it from amazon
Quote Reply
Re: Best Fan to keep cool on the Trainer/Rollers/Treadmill. ???? [Cheesy Bottom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello, need advice. Wanna buy treadmill, but I don't know which one choose. Looked for compare here: https://www.bestadvisor.com/treadmills
But for me they are all the same, can you give advice?
Quote Reply
Re: Best Fan to keep cool on the Trainer/Rollers/Treadmill [fwrunco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 on the AirKing 20".
Quote Reply
Re: Best Fan to keep cool on the Trainer/Rollers/Treadmill [Pathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed but if OP thinks that Alaska is front the AirKing is going to feel like a hurricane. I have both of these and wished I had never gotten the Lasko as I don’t find it particularly effective/strong.
Quote Reply