Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Best Custom Tri-bike?
Quote | Reply
What's your opinion about the best custom tri-bike? Serotta....or?

I have a P3c now, but I think my longer torso is causing some major neck issues so I'm considering a custom bike...
Last edited by: Clarence1997: Oct 29, 06 11:19
Quote Reply
Re: Best Custom Tri-bike? [Clarence1997] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Might want to check out Guru, Calfee and Yaqui

Quote | Reply
Calfee is a nice light bike, but I found it to be very flexy and I am only 160lbs. I do have a friend that rides a moots and loves it, but if you want a very adjustable, stiff and comfortable bike look into Titanflex.

Richard Nixon, Fit2Tri Multisport Inc.
Fit2Tri,
rich@fit2tri.com
Discount code, slowtwithch
Quote Reply
Re: Best Custom Tri-bike? [Irondicknixon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does your friend ride the Moots Trigor? I have a vamoots that I love dearly, but it's solidly in the road bike geometry range. I have not talked to anyone who has ridden a Trigor.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Custom Tri-bike? [Trey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No its a road bike.

Richard Nixon, Fit2Tri Multisport Inc.
Fit2Tri,
rich@fit2tri.com
Discount code, slowtwithch
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would make sure that I worked with a company that knows how to set up a bike for triathlon. Many good manufacturers have been mentioned but I have seen some strange TT/Tri geometries come out of these companies as well. I would look at Elite Bicycles.

I have heard Serotta is coming out with a true TT bike w/ aero tubes....

and did you see that Parlee TT bike at interbike?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm thrilled with my Yaqui; it's a transparent tool to work with.

Ves really knows his stuff and can set up a bike that works with any size/shape body.

Highly recommended.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Custom Tri-bike? [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Guru seems to be very popular and well liked around ST....maybe I will look into the Crono or I might even have to look into Softride...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As XFalcon says, give Elite Bicycles a call. I have had two of the Razor frames and I have loved them both. The bikes have excellent power transfer both on the flats and up hills. On downhills, the frames are very stable. I previously had a Cannondale Multisport and it was extremely shaky downhills if I got much above 35 miles on hour.

As for service, you will not find a better person than Dave. He always has time for customers and has been the best vendor that I have experienced with ANYTHING that I have ever purchased.

If you are going to spend the money on a custom design, I can think of no one better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ride both a serotta (road bike) and a Guru crono. I love them both for different reasons. The guru is razors edge get on and hammer virtually transparent beneath me.

The serotta is like a dream fast but not painful not raw like the guru, sophisticated-

I try to use car analogies

Guru is like a f-1 car brutal raw and fast

serotta is the new e-66 mercedes plenty fast will do 0-60 in 4 secs but has seat heaters and cup holders.

hope this helps

Kevin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, no votes for Blade/TiPhoon???

http://irondad06.blogspot.com/

http://irondad.blogspot.com/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]The Guru seems to be very popular and well liked around ST....maybe I will look into the Crono or I might even have to look into Softride...[/reply]

Ummm ... Softride is DOA and no custom anyway.

I forgot about Elite and Parlee (but $$$). Blade is great, but at the new cost for one?

As to the car analogy, what the hell is a Mercedes e-66? I assume you mean the new 6.3L AMG engine (first in-house designed AMG engine with 507HP + depedning upon application). It is used in LOTS of cars: ML63, E63, CLS63, even the "minivan" R63 AMG. Yummy.

Quote | Reply
Litespeed can do just about anything you want custom, and they know tri bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gregk seems awfully fond of his Roark. See www.roarkcycles.com. Incredribly nice looking bikes, and Ti to boot. Last a life time.

Fit matters most. None of that aero sh*$ means beans if you are monkey humping the bike up and down the road… anonymous
51Speed Shop fitter and consultant
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cat Cheetah. I have ridden many of the bikes listed here and the Cat is with out a doubt (in my mind) the lightest, fastest, most responsive and most original bike available. A little costly but if you want to take minutes off your bike splits w/o changing anything except the bike, the Cat is the way to go. The drink system in the frame is great. The funnel makes refilling on the fly easy so you can get back to hammering.

"injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" MLK
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guru.

My Crono is simply incredible. However, they also have custom Ti and carbon/Aluminum. Do a search for Guru Crono and you will find a thread about the Crono w/ very detailed reviews.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Best Custom Tri-bike? [Irondicknixon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Calfee can customize the wraps/lugs for your size. If you want a stiffer Calfee, all you have to do is ask.

The Guru Crono is awesome, I didn't expect there to be THAT much difference between it and my previous rides, but there is. Of course, if you have time and money, Pegoretti will weld you up a frame in tri geometry as well...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear the P3C isn't working for you.

If you are convinced you need a custom build, Guru would be an excellent choice. The trick would be getting the pre-build bike fit from a bike fitter you trust.

Before commiting to the custom bike, you might consider comparing the "Ideal" bike geometry from your fitter & comparing it to existing production frames. There is such a wide range of designs I sure (mostly) you'll find something that works for you.

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
http://www.rollingthundercanada.com
RollingThunderCanada

Canadian distributor for HED Cycling, Blue Competition, Akona Biospeed & Aerus Composites

Quote Reply
Re: Best Custom Tri-bike? [Speedy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very good points. Thank you. I've been professionally fitted by 3 people. I'm sick of spending time and money "trying" to get it right..and then having a constant pain in the neck, etc. So, I figure just do it and get a custom frame so I don't have to "wonder", etc....

I'm leaning towards the Guru Crono...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Call me, maybe I can help

647-477-6221
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll vote for Guru. I have a custom Tri-Lite, it fits me perfect. No neck-shoulder issues this season, and my legs never felt better off the bike. Aluminum-carbon hybrid. Aluminum main triangle sobike is stiff in the bottom bracket, yet rides nice due to stays, fork, seatpost being carbon. Handling is solid, no wobblies.

Fitter was John at Transition Cycle in Pewaukee, WI.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jade cycles makes a great tri-bike. jadecycles.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm goingto have to say that the ultimate custom Tri bike is a Litespeed Saber. IMHO

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my vote is for ELITE!!! i've got both a custom Razor and a Joule Pro Carbon. I made the trip to see Dave and his gang in Philly and had the time of my life and learned so much. I think the customer service they provide goes without saying and has been extremely well supported in many threads like this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nobody has more experience building custom tri bikes than Ves Mandaric at Yaqui.
Quote Reply

Prev Next