Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best Clear Water Bottles (Preferrably on Amazon)
Quote | Reply
Thanks in advance!

Looking for recommendation on the best clear water bottles. I plan to carry a couple of dense bottles of tailwind mix and would like to draw lines so I can easily see.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Best Clear Water Bottles (Preferrably on Amazon) [unicat141] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve had good luck with Zefal bottles. They seem to hold up well even when washed in the dishwasher.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Clear Water Bottles (Preferrably on Amazon) [unicat141] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
unicat141 wrote:
Thanks in advance!

Looking for recommendation on the best clear water bottles. I plan to carry a couple of dense bottles of tailwind mix and would like to draw lines so I can easily see.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks!

If you want the best, go with Purist bottles by Specialized. Here are some clear ones on Amazon - pricey though.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Best Clear Water Bottles (Preferrably on Amazon) [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Specialized Purist for me too.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Best Clear Water Bottles (Preferrably on Amazon) [SkippyKitten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Camelbak Podium. I have 15 of them at least. I love the jet valve.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Clear Water Bottles (Preferrably on Amazon) [endosch2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you have 15 of them?!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also love jet valve, but they are a PIA to clean and get moldy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should be able to find the specialized purist bottles for $10 at any bike shop. Every shop, specy dealer or not, uses those bottles.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: Best Clear Water Bottles (Preferrably on Amazon) [jdais] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jdais wrote:
I also love jet valve, but they are a PIA to clean and get moldy.

You can pull them apart and I clean them with my camelbak brushes and soapy water.

I usually wait until they are pretty nasty, a little mold never really hurts anyway, that is what immune systems are for...
Quote Reply
Re: Best Clear Water Bottles (Preferrably on Amazon) [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
y_nigel wrote:
you have 15 of them?!

I have an active family of 4 who is always using them.

We have a drawer in our kitchen that had about 20 odd ball cheap freebie waterbottles from different events, one day I went on amazon, ordered 15 Camelbaks, and when they came I threw all the others away. Now when someone offers me a bottle at an event I kindly pass....

The other great thing about the podium bottles is the ability to lock the lid closed when in a backpack or other bag, no worries about leaking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Honestly? I just took some old opaque water bottles that I had kicking around and drew my graduated volume lines on them. They worked just fine and didn't smear with any dripping/rain.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
endosch2 wrote:
Camelbak Podium. I have 15 of them at least. I love the jet valve.

Best EVAR. I got one free from Phil's Fondo promotion. Excellent bottle.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Clear Water Bottles (Preferrably on Amazon) [MTBSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTBSully wrote:
You should be able to find the specialized purist bottles for $10 at any bike shop. Every shop, specy dealer or not, uses those bottles.

Every shop, most races, teams, free expo bottles (although this year I got a Podium), almost everything. That’s why I love them. All the caps are interchange if you’re a slob like me and just get everything mixed up.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
endosch2 wrote:

We have a drawer in our kitchen that had about 20 odd ball cheap freebie waterbottles from different events, one day I went on amazon, ordered 15 Camelbaks, and when they came I threw all the others away. Now when someone offers me a bottle at an event I kindly pass....

The other great thing about the podium bottles is the ability to lock the lid closed when in a backpack or other bag, no worries about leaking.

This is a great idea. To expand on that truly the cheapest and best way (and it’s going to have some initial sticker shock) is to just go to specialized with a buddy or two, get your own logo on it, and be done with the question for life. Haven’t pulled the trigger on that yet but every spring I sure am tempted. I forget where the big price break is. I think it’s somewhere around 150 or something like that.

Quote Reply
Re: Best Clear Water Bottles (Preferrably on Amazon) [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jloewe wrote:
endosch2 wrote:

This is a great idea. To expand on that truly the cheapest and best way (and it’s going to have some initial sticker shock) is to just go to specialized with a buddy or two, get your own logo on it, and be done with the question for life. Haven’t pulled the trigger on that yet but every spring I sure am tempted. I forget where the big price break is. I think it’s somewhere around 150 or something like that.

Thats a good idea too because a custom print order is a lot less $. You could probably get them for under $3.00 or less a bottle. I was sick of always having mis matched lids that did not fit, and also just poor quality.

My pet peeve is race swag where you get an awful "athletic" t shirt that has the breatheability of a plastic bag, and some crappy stiff plastic or mystery metal "stainless steel" (that rusts after a month) water bottle that doesn't fit a regular bottle cage. I wish they would just go back to 100% cotton Ts and real bike brand water bottles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, just looked it up http://www.specializedwaterbottles.com/...7-usa-price-list.pdf

Looks like depending on the gen of the bottle you can get <$3 and the big price break is at 200. Either take the hit or get some buddies and I think it’s a good investment. Now it’s tome to convince my boss.... I mean girlfriend the same thing 😂

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello unicat141 and All,

For a big one .... (they have 3 sizes)

https://www.amazon.com/...rsa+water+bottle+950

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Best Clear Water Bottles (Preferrably on Amazon) [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jloewe wrote:
To expand on that truly the cheapest and best way (and it’s going to have some initial sticker shock) is to just go to specialized with a buddy or two, get your own logo on it, and be done with the question for life. Haven’t pulled the trigger on that yet but every spring I sure am tempted. I forget where the big price break is. I think it’s somewhere around 150 or something like that.
The problem with this is that bottle technology actually changes, and in five or so years if you haven't used them up you'll be left with a bunch that you don't like as much as newer, better bottles.

I know - I've got decent, unused Specialized bottles from 10 years ago. They were clearly the best at the time.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Best Clear Water Bottles (Preferrably on Amazon) [jt10000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jt10000 wrote:
Jloewe wrote:
To expand on that truly the cheapest and best way (and it’s going to have some initial sticker shock) is to just go to specialized with a buddy or two, get your own logo on it, and be done with the question for life. Haven’t pulled the trigger on that yet but every spring I sure am tempted. I forget where the big price break is. I think it’s somewhere around 150 or something like that.

The problem with this is that bottle technology actually changes, and in five or so years if you haven't used them up you'll be left with a bunch that you don't like as much as newer, better bottles.

I know - I've got decent, unused Specialized bottles from 10 years ago. They were clearly the best at the time.

I have plenty of 1st gen specialized bottles too. I love them! Sure some of the new caps that squirt and lock, or maybe fit tighter or slip out of your cage easier are a bit nicer. But end of the day it holds water and puts it in your mouth. I've used plenty of cheap crap bottles until they fall apart. They're hard to squeeze and usually leak, or taste like crap. Not a problem with the 1st gen bottles, and definitely not a problem with the purist. I'll let it be known here and wide. If anyone is looking to unload their unused Specialized bottles for less than $3 a bottle I will be happy to oblige.

Quote Reply