Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bento box suggestions for Specialized tri bike
Quote | Reply
I have a Specialized Shiv and am currently using a fabric bento box but wondering if the rubber kind is any better? Options that would fit my bike? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Bento box suggestions for Specialized tri bike [JenNV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interested in this one as well - for anything up to and including 70.3's I can fit all I need into the Fuelselage but for a full distance (planned for next year) I need a bit addition storage to hold some "treats" (i.e. partly crumbled up Cliff Bars) to keep me happy during the bike ride. Unfortunately the Shiv doesn't have any fixed mountings to neatly attach a bento box so it'll be velcro straps and probably two sided tape.
Quote Reply
Re: Bento box suggestions for Specialized tri bike [JenNV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it helps, we make an advanced bento here in the usa, the Speedpack 483, and it can mount anywhere on your Shiv top tube. It uses a special low profile strap system of our design that keeps the Speedpack in place with ZERO slipping or sliding. Nobody else uses anything even similar. (Also, if need lots of capacity, we make a much larger pack, the Speedpack 915.)

The 483 is fabric (nylon pack cloth on the outside) but it also uses a variety of other materials including a custom-shaped internal plastic stiffener than keeps the Speedpack's aero shape, even when filled. Fyi, the 483 pictured below is mounted kind of near the middle of the top tube, but our pack can easily mount further forward, even over the Shiv bladder opening if needed (the Speedpack is easily removable when your bike is stationary). Lots more product info here, and some athlete reviews are here.

Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: May 6, 19 11:25
Quote Reply
Re: Bento box suggestions for Specialized tri bike [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I'll check that out.
Quote Reply
Re: Bento box suggestions for Specialized tri bike [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So will I, are you guys available inn Europe?
Quote Reply
Re: Bento box suggestions for Specialized tri bike [Dembo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dembo wrote:
Yes, we sell direct to EU countries all of the time. So no worries there.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Dembo wrote:

Yes, we sell direct to EU countries all of the time. So no worries there.

Nice, thanks - on my list of solutions!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So this version does away with the forward facing straps that might go around a stem? I was wondering if I could upgrade my old DarkSpeedWorks bento now that I've modified my TT bike (TriRig). I wasn't considering slipping toward the seat post, rather slipping over the edge of the top tube. But you say NO slipping?

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: Bento box suggestions for Specialized tri bike [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tsunami wrote:
So this version does away with the forward facing straps that might go around a stem? I was wondering if I could upgrade my old DarkSpeedWorks bento now that I've modified my TT bike (TriRig). I wasn't considering slipping toward the seat post, rather slipping over the edge of the top tube. But you say NO slipping?

Yes, we designed this pack so it will work on any bike, especially those bikes with advanced cockpits and aero stems. And the Speedpack 483 uses a completely different strap system than any other bento in existence. In addition to the straps being low-profile, yes, when the pack is installed as directed, there will be ZERO slipping in ANY direction.

--
Quote Reply