Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ben Sonntag:RIP - If you have any personal anecdotes please share
Quote | Reply
Tragically Ben was struck and killed in Durango while training today. I only got to do a few races as a teammate with him. He stayed with me for about a week in the Socal Mountains years ago and left such a strong impression on me. One of the most positive people I’ve ever met.

If any of you have any stories with Ben, I’d love to hear them. Really missing him right now.
Quote Reply
Re: Ben Sonntag:RIP - If you have any personal anecdotes please share [Sojourner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No stories. Just sorry for your loss, heart goes out to you and his family.
Quote Reply
Re: Ben Sonntag:RIP - If you have any personal anecdotes please share [Sojourner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just moved to D’go a few months ago. Know his ex father- in- law, who called to let me know what happened. I first saw & met Ben out on the nordic ski trails. So I know him as a nordic skier, who happens to be a pro mtn biker. Ben was a killer on the skate skis, just perfect technique. He’d crunch that lanky body into this tight arrow, and just be a blur on the descents. And then float up the next hill.
I talked to him maybe a week ago. He said he had just gotten back from his early season European races & was really pleased with how it went. Was in a really bouncy, positive mood, and even though he admitted to being jet- lagged, he still went out for a short ski to get some training in.

He was a star. I am so sorry you have to deal with this heartbreaking news. You were lucky to have him in your life and be able to call him a friend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just heard about this and came here to post. So sad.

https://durangoherald.com/...bxH4nep4CAf0VLBIba1k
Quote Reply