Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bekele again...
Quote | Reply
26'20"31 in Ostrava

this is the new WR for 10,000m. 2'' faster than the previous one that belonged to Gebre.
Quote Reply
Re: Bekele again... [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yikes! check his shoes when he goes through the airport

I dub him "Son of flubber"

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it is amazing how the times are coming down, seems like only yesterday when Sahid A.(sp) went under 13:00 for 5K and I think Arturrio B. was the first under 27:00, could be wrong on the 10k though. Just amazing, boggles my mind how fast they run.

How many years until we see a sub 26:00? We all know it is coming . . .
Quote Reply
Re: Bekele again... [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it was a while ago Gebre broke these records...before sydney for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bekele takes down the 10k wr and 5k wr in just 9 days. The previous 10k record was from '98, I'm not sure how old the 5k wr was. The Etiopians are a major force...they could sweep the 10k in Athens.

I'd love to see this kid go for the Zatopek sweep (5k 10k marathon) in Athens, but I doubt we'll ever see that happen again...what with having to run in heats, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
26'20"31 in Ostrava

this is the new WR for 10,000m. 2'' faster than the previous one that belonged to Gebre.

Amazing, amazing. Three double worlds in cross, and now the WR double. How can one guy wipe out Geb's legacy so quickly?!

The Eurosports news said he ran the entire second half alone out in front without a pacer; the pacer was 7 seconds behind WR pace at 5k, so Bekele dumped him and took off. That's about as legit as a WR gets.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now my legs hurt.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Bekele again... [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On Eurosport they kept talking about how he has the capability within him to run 26:00, but he doesn't do it yet because there is no point. They said he's a 'business man' in terms of running, and will nibble away at the record, collecting the bonuses as he goes along.

I think by Beijing 2008 the record will be 25:5x, held by none other then Bekele.
Quote Reply
Re: Bekele again... [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so he is going to be the Serguei Bubka of long distance running? mister 1cm improvement a year but he will do that by a couple of seconds every so often...
though 30" is a lot...more than 1'' per lap is huge...who is going to be the rabbit? Gebre? who can go with him until 7km? he was left with no rabbit after 5km this time...

last detail: I don't think we've seen the last of Gebre yet...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A rabbit for Bekele?? I could run a lap in his pace:D 1.03 for 400 meters.... If you want rabbits for him until the 7 k point, you need to have three rabbits.. They should just jog around in the outside lane until they'll be called in.. That's the only way you can have rabbits for Bekele..

---
Long Distance PB: 8:25
Instagram: larsschmidttri
Quote Reply
Re: Bekele again... [Schmidt-DK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gebre could be his rabbit...actually i wouldn't be surprised to see something really fast from Gebre in Athens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
are you getting to watch the Dauphine TT climb, live over there?

any news on Iban/Lance/Tyler's times?
Quote Reply
Re: Bekele again... [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nope...but will have the mountain stage on saturday.
Quote Reply
Re: Bekele again... [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ah yes, I found it, but I'd rather watch it, ... http://live.cyclingnews.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gebre and Bekele are like master and trainee, father and son, you name it... I don't think Gebre can do anything about it, only watch his trainee run under 26.00.. I saw something in Eurosport, a documentary of Gebre, he trained with Bekele, learning all his tricks to him.. I think Gebre is very proud to see Bekele run that fast..

---
Long Distance PB: 8:25
Instagram: larsschmidttri
Quote Reply