Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Beginner Tri watch help!
Quote | Reply
Hey everybody, new guy here on the forum and new to triathlons in general. I'm looking to get my first multi-sport watch and was just looking on what direction I should go. My budget is under $350 and on my watch list has been the Polar Vantage M, Suunto Spartan Trainer HR, Garmin 735XT and the Garmin 920XT. Now again I'm new to triathlons, I'm actually training for my first sprint in June, I was curious if anybody has had first had experience with any of these and what its like to live with them? Or what features or other watches you would recommend? Again thanks for all the help!
Quote Reply
Re: Beginner Tri watch help! [Martini637] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Timex Ironman... $40.

You're welcome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Martini637 wrote:
Hey everybody, new guy here on the forum and new to triathlons in general. I'm looking to get my first multi-sport watch and was just looking on what direction I should go. My budget is under $350 and on my watch list has been the Polar Vantage M, Suunto Spartan Trainer HR, Garmin 735XT and the Garmin 920XT. Now again I'm new to triathlons, I'm actually training for my first sprint in June, I was curious if anybody has had first had experience with any of these and what its like to live with them? Or what features or other watches you would recommend? Again thanks for all the help!

For your first sprint triathlon? Nothing.

It will distract you. Focus on your performance first, then add in tools to supplement your performance. In a sprint tri, there is virtually nothing that a watch can tell you that will help you go faster.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my 735XT. It is truly awesome and a best value for the performance you will find anywhere. The 920XT is fine if you are doing fulldistance on a budget. Otherwise, 735XT.
Quote Reply
Re: Beginner Tri watch help! [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Plus one for the 735XT.

My race site: https://racesandplaces.wixsite.com/racesandplaces
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This
Quote:
For your first sprint triathlon? Nothing.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply