Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Beet Juice
Quote | Reply
Last night I cooked beets for the first time in a long time. They were delicious! I started looking at the health benefits and realized juicing them daily might have a lot of health and performance benefits. Does anyone on here have a daily routine and are the benefits tangible? I have a Ninja single serve blender cup as my blender pitcher is busted. Any good recipe ideas are welcome. Also, what is the daily routine? I like a cup of coffee in the morning with a bowl of oatmeal, raisins, cinnamon and a banana. From what I understand, I’d need to take it in well before a morning workout to see a benefit, which might mean changing my morning routine. I generally do a salad and protein shake at lunch so perhaps I could do it later in the day, if benefits are lasting.
Last edited by: mwanner13: Mar 11, 19 9:32
Quote Reply
Re: Beet Juice [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We also have a garden and grow lots of them. No recipes, but for the kids, tell them it makes their tongues turn purple. They get excited every time we have beets and show off their tongues and lips.

Downside is it also permanently turns their clothes purple....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a performance enhancer, save nitrate for race day (and a couple of key workouts to test in advance, of course). You want to keep training without the effect. But, that doesn't mean don't eat beets, just don't worry about timing a high dose before workouts.

http://www.extramilenutrition.com
Quote Reply
Re: Beet Juice [greenjp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder what would be better, a shot pre-race (performance) or a more consistent intake (health benefit).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
while beet juice may provide a performance boost, I don't care on account that it tastes like butt. I may have to try it mixed with other stuff to make it more palatable, but I have yet to try a beet juice (bottled) that I've found remotely decent
Quote Reply
Re: Beet Juice [347CX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found apple juice helps with the 'earthy' taste
Last edited by: Fasterthanslow: Mar 11, 19 16:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
I wonder what would be better, a shot pre-race (performance) or a more consistent intake (health benefit).

Both? The consistent nitrate intake (beets, or just any good high-vegetable diet) 1. gives the general health benefit AND 2. cultivates the oral microbiome. Those oral bacteria are necessary to then get the race-day performance benefit from a shot or juice.

http://www.extramilenutrition.com
Last edited by: greenjp: Mar 11, 19 19:15
Quote Reply
Re: Beet Juice [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Angela likes to bang Dwight and that tells you a lot.
Quote Reply