Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Beer Mile Race Report [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trying this very soon. Our local version sold out instantly.

So it'll be the brother in law and I chugging beers in the driveway and doing an 1/8th mile out and back 4x to get the mile.
Quote Reply
Re: Beer Mile Race Report [LuchaLibre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LuchaLibre wrote:
Good morning!

Got to the 3rd beer and last lap. This beer was not going down smooth. It hurt. From the first sip to the last. Pure torture. It probably took me about a minute to get this one and not puke. I struggled. Then I see what I did not want to see, about 15 seconds after me comes the girl. Not only could she drink beer like a seasoned trucker, but she was also FAST. My fears came true when she slammed the beer FASTER than the first. HOLY SHIT! I mean I was disgusted but at the same time a part of me fell in love. It was a beautiful sight. A cute 5'0 nothing girl all sweaty in the rain, hair blowing in the wind, glimmer in her eyes, slamming that beer like she was at a college frat party. It was glorious. It took whatever breath away that I had.

I had about 1/3 of the beer left and she takes off. In front of me, in the lead. I will not get chicked in beer mile. I slam the rest of mine and take off. I am at a dead full sprint and I am dying. Jumping over the planters, up and down curbs, in hot pursuit. I catch up to her halfway through the last lap and pass her. I thought I was going to have to run and vomit at the same time, but she didnt vomit so I couldnt let myself. I get to the last little bit and did the over the shoulder check and she is not around the bend yet so I am in the clear. I cross the line in 9 mins and some change (total time). She comes in slightly after me.

Seriously lol'd here, best RR I've read in a while.

I've run one Beer Mile and won it in 6:20... thankfully the carbonation issue didn't hit me until I was finished! Bloating was off the charts though when it did!
Quote Reply
Re: Beer Mile Race Report [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
Pretty impressive where the first girl could pound beers but the other more than made up the deficit on the run.

Ali made a remark that she'd actually been training for Beer Mile

I thought I'd posted that one too, but I see that I hadn't, so here it is

“Why didn’t she just get a job at Home Depot?”

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bonus footage

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tons of broken rules. I will overlook the not on a track part.

1) Beer must be in cans (soft rule)
2) Beer cannot be pre-opened
3) Beer cannot be altered from it's container (cups, straws, shotgunning)
4) Beer must be 5% alcohol or above (Miller lite is 4.5%

So while sorta entertaining, this was not a beer mile.
Quote Reply
Re: Beer Mile Race Report [marklemcd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clearly

They also weren't even trying to claim it as official, so ... I give them a pass

Kinda like running a fast 6.2 course around your neighborhood, and using that for a baseline 10K time; it's not in Athlinks, but you have something to shoot for next time you race with an actual bib & chip

Quote Reply
Re: Beer Mile Race Report [marklemcd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marklemcd wrote:
1) Beer must be in cans (soft rule)

Bottles are now OK, even recognized for the WR

Quote Reply
Re: Beer Mile Race Report [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was a classic review. I chuckled out loud a bit at work.

I feel like you could have made some moves toward either bar girl or chugger girl - maybe one had a hot sister who possessed the genetic drinking abilities. Could have been a win.

Anyone ever tried a wine mile? I heard of one once and it sounded terrible but some wine is like 12% alcohol....
Quote Reply
Re: Beer Mile Race Report [SankaCoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SankaCoffee wrote:
Anyone ever tried a wine mile? I heard of one once and it sounded terrible but some wine is like 12% alcohol....

That sounds way easier. During a beer mile, the alcohol never hits...it is the bubbles that make it tough.

Of course, if you actually drank: 12oz. * 4 glasses of wine, you'd be insta-drunk about 10 minutes after you finish. Although, I'd imagine you would drink (4) glasses of wine at 5oz or so, so no big deal there.
Quote Reply
Re: Beer Mile Race Report [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Woa - someone brought my old thread back from the dead!

(I got banned - sorry moderators - I will behave and watch what I say from now on. Lesson learned)

Also - that wine mile sounds absolutely awful. Sweating and winded and chugging a pino or a cab. oooo no thanks

Now the Margarita Mile...thats what I am talking about
Quote Reply
Re: Beer Mile Race Report [Twinkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanksgiving-Themed Beer Mile

Were they fucking NUTS?

https://avbc.com/...key-old-fashioned-2/

https://avbc.com/...ourbon-barrel-stout/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
https://youtu.be/_F6MY2KsVBg

Ha, that one was on my college track - he wore a t-shirt from a school 1000+ miles away. And, Coors light? That's F'ing near water.
Quote Reply
Re: Beer Mile Race Report [Rumpled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yesterday, I got a new follower on IG

Quote:
@the_beer_mile started following you.

The Beer Mile
The hub for all things Beer Mile 🍺🏃
Stay true, drink a brew
#beermile #thebeermile
👇 Beer mile news, info, and merch 👇

thebeermile.org

Quote Reply
Re: Beer Mile Race Report [LuchaLibre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I once watched a group do the 'alt-bev mile'. Only two people were brave enough to participate. One opted for a full glass of red wine while the other took a shot of tequila. For running, I think the obvious preference would be tequila just to minimize stomach sloshing that comes with more liquid. But I think taking down a glass of red wine would be much easier.

Nourish - Sports Nutrition Made Easy
Quote Reply
Re: Beer Mile Race Report [TrainHrdRaceEz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A friend of ours [Virginia Plain & myself] on another forum posted

Quote:
We did it! At first, the running club had a lot of people interested, but in the end only two of us showed up to run it, although we did have a few spectators. PK Who I think had a chance to break the record for 50+ female, did not run but watched us and cheer us on.

I finished in 16:28, while my buddy finished in 19:09. We determine that while he’s a faster runner than me, I am a much better chugger of beer.

ETA: That beer mile website did not list any 60+ category, only 50+. So I am claiming a new record for 60+

Before and after photos:

Quote Reply
Re: Beer Mile Race Report [TrainHrdRaceEz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TrainHrdRaceEz wrote:
I once watched a group do the 'alt-bev mile'. Only two people were brave enough to participate. One opted for a full glass of red wine while the other took a shot of tequila. For running, I think the obvious preference would be tequila just to minimize stomach sloshing that comes with more liquid. But I think taking down a glass of red wine would be much easier.

IMO the concept behind it is the sloshing around of the liquid and the time it takes to get said liquid through a person's blowhole.

Using higher gravity lower volume defeats both purposes, especially shots. The volume is part of the challenge.

Ever head of the "gallon challenge". One gallon, whole milk, one hour.
Quote Reply
Re: Beer Mile Race Report [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
TrainHrdRaceEz wrote:

IMO the concept behind it is the sloshing around of the liquid and the time it takes to get said liquid through a person's blowhole.

Using higher gravity lower volume defeats both purposes, especially shots. The volume is part of the challenge.

Ever head of the "gallon challenge". One gallon, whole milk, one hour.

Volume yes, but it is the combined volume of liquid and gas. There are no troublesome wine burps like a shaken up belly with 48 oz of fizzy beer.
Quote Reply
Re: Beer Mile Race Report [yoman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yoman wrote:
I hold a beer mile twice a year on a local trail behind my house and they are definitely a blast.

After doing a few you start to understand the strategy.

My favorite is when a half decent runner quits after the second beer citing that it was much harder then they anticipated (the running with a stomach full of beer part).

I’m attempting my first beer mile on Friday.

Any strategy pointers? I can’t decide if trying to go out conservatively and evenly pacing is a better idea, or going full tilt and hoping to survive is the way to go
Quote Reply
Re: Beer Mile Race Report [AB2914] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AB2914 wrote:

I’m attempting my first beer mile on Friday.

Any strategy pointers? I can’t decide if trying to go out conservatively and evenly pacing is a better idea, or going full tilt and hoping to survive is the way to go

It is about three things.

1) chugging the beer as fast as possible
2) burping without throwing up
3) being comfortable being uncomfortable

No matter what you are going to feel like crap, especially on beer three. For some reason beer/lap four isn’t so bad. The trick is chugging as fast as you can...you will see many that struggle to finish the beer...this just wastes time. Then as you are running you have to do a lot of little burps which relieve some of the pain in your stomach but you have to be careful because sometime some liquid wants to come up with them.

As for pace, I would go all out. Running at 80 of 90% is going to hurt just as much so might as well go all out.
Last edited by: yoman: Oct 23, 19 10:48
Quote Reply
Re: Beer Mile Race Report [yoman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  • You can't all out sprint them like 400 meter wind sprints - or you will be just that - winded. Slow it down at the end of the lab and catch your breath. It is super hard to chug a beer when you need to breathe because you are gasping for air.
  • Burp but dont puke. Easy in theory but proves difficult mid lap

• Warm the beer up first. It hurts to chug ice cold beer.

• IF they allow it - open up the beer before the race starts and set them down. This might allow some carbonation to bleed out. They will probably make you open it at the time of drinking.

• IF you bring your own beer. Id avoid IPAs and bottled. Cans are easier to crush.

Quote Reply
Re: Beer Mile Race Report [Twinkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twinkie wrote:
IF you bring your own beer. Id avoid IPAs and bottled. Cans are easier to crush.

The pros have mostly switched to bottles

SPOILER: "Reversals of Fortune" in both races

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The yearly Belgian championship is coming up with previous participants like Victor Campenaerts, Seppe Odeyn (former duatlon world champion), Marten Van Riel, Jelle Geens, Rutger Beke, ... I expect the first 2 to start again, the others probably not but it's likely that they are cheering at the side. The event is full of triathletes anyway. Campenaerts crushes the drink times but doesn't train enough on running to win.

Rules over here are fixed by the organizers: cans of Jupiler provided by them, you open them yourself which sucks if you're clumsy like me. I'd love to have bottles to improve my time, or some magic not too foamy beer, or leaving them open for a while, but all that's not happening in beer loving Belgium.

The video is a nice reminder of how it usually goes. Just keep the chin up and try to keep the beer flowing down nicely, then burp away as the laps get more painful. What's not to like :)
Quote Reply
Re: Beer Mile Race Report [Ironfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironfan wrote:
Ultra? That's too easy! Beer mile has to be at least 5.0%.

Yeah 3 Ultras? Thats like 270cal. And its like water.

This whole beer mile sounds weak AF.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Beer Mile Race Report [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have a record holder here on ST, y'know

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/The_Ben_and_Jerry's_4x4_(World_Record_tracked_by_the_beer_mile_folks)_P5102115/

masterslacker wrote:
Here's the video:

Enjoy!

And it still stands

https://www.beermile.com/display/event_6146

Quote Reply

Prev Next