Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Beam bikes and car hitch racks....
Quote | Reply
Just keen for some advice on how people are transporting their beam bikes via a rear hitch rack. I am looking at a new bike and the P3X is high one the list (also keen on the P5D but have a well spec'd P3 so was keen to get something more specific for long course). I currently have a 4 bike hitch rack that I use to drive to races etc, but the bikes mount onto the rack via the top tube. Can you do this with a beam bike or do I need an alternative rack?? Just want to make sure I know what I am in for!
Quote Reply
Re: Beam bikes and car hitch racks.... [Amnesia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a 1up bike rack with no problem for my Dimond. I can carry up to 4 bikes or easily convert to 2. Solid bike rack, best one I have ever owned hands down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My P3X actually fits on the bike rack but I bought an adapter bar for extra security. Just google "Cross-Bar Adaptor" and you'll find a bunch of them that should fit any carrier.
Quote Reply
Re: Beam bikes and car hitch racks.... [tomljones3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a cross bar adapter for my wife's mountain bike. the issue with them is there is nothing to prevent the bike from swinging front to back. So if you have another bike on there it will bang up against the other bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What kind of hitch rack? Platform or hanging style?

My hitch platform Thule Doubletrack would probably hold it just fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just get a 1Up and you are fine... frame doesn't matter, just touched the tires.

Quote | Reply
cassinonorth wrote:
What kind of hitch rack? Platform or hanging style?

My hitch platform Thule Doubletrack would probably hold it just fine.

I have a hanging style one, ie the top tube sits on the mounts, not the wheels, this is what I was worried about. Looks like i might need a platform one!
Quote Reply