Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Base RED vs AltRed
Quote | Reply
I was on Amazon throwing some Base Salt in my cart when Base Performance's Base RED caught my eye. I have used the AltRed product but not thrilled about their pricing (30 pills for $50). Base RED costs $30 for 60 pills. Dosing seems the same. I am curious to see if anyone has experience or knowledge about Base RED versus AltRed. Are they essentially the same product?

Here are the posted ingredients (don't know about hidden)...
Base RED: Beet root powder (500mg), Rhodiola rosea powder (45mg), gelatin (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, rice flour, magnesium stearate
AltRed: Beetroot extract (50mg), organic rice fiber, gelatin (capsule), carmine
Last edited by: Trigirl357: Jul 4, 19 16:37
Quote Reply
Re: Base RED vs AltRed [Trigirl357] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trigirl357 wrote:
I was on Amazon throwing some Base Salt in my cart when Base Performance's Base RED caught my eye. I have used the AltRed product but not thrilled about their pricing (30 pills for $50). Base RED costs $30 for 60 pills. Dosing seems the same. I am curious to see if anyone has experience or knowledge about Base RED versus AltRed. Are they essentially the same product?

Here are the posted ingredients (don't know about hidden)...
Base RED: Beet root powder (500mg), Rhodiola rosea powder (45mg), gelatin (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, rice flour, magnesium stearate
AltRed: Beetroot extract (50mg), organic rice fiber, gelatin (capsule), carmine

I like AltRed.

Side note, code SLOWTWITCH gets you 50% off

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Re: Base RED vs AltRed [Trigirl357] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are some nice threads here on beets in general, Altred, Betalains. I might recommend the following ST thread which Dr Coggan started and discusses products and dosing to get to the minimum therapeutic effect of various brands. The gist of it would be if you are going to compare price you have to also look at how many servings are truly needed to get you to a therapeutic dose as well. Base Red has 500mg per pill of beet root power so you might need to take many pills to get the necessary effect based on extrapolation of other various tested products.

The following Beet It listing has a nice graph, looks like they just scalped it from the Coggan dataset but made it prettier and easier to understand, but it shows that most of the products out there won't get you to the necessary level based on suggested serving size so you will have to double, triple, or more to get the intended effect.

I think you would need to do a similar test with Altred but frankly they don't even state (clearly) the mechanism for improved performance is the nitrates in beets and their FAQ states there are no plant-based nitrates in the first place. I really need to ask them some questions next time I see them at an expo as it leaves me a little confused.

With that being said, the most cost-effective way to get a therapeutic dose is always just buy the supplement in bulk via Bulk Supplements. 1kg for less than $20 but you likely have to mix it in to something unless you just like to down spoonfuls of beet root powder

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Base RED vs AltRed [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for this feedback. I followed some of the earlier posts on AltRed when it became a big thing but didn’t see the comments from medical professionals. I am not sure I felt any different with the AltRed product after giving it a go but liked the idea of what it was supposed to do. I take great issue when the product makers don’t really discuss the true ingredients or the science behind how they extract/manufacture ingredients. This is important not only for professionals who have to make sure they are clean but also a great number of people who have legitimate stomach issues. This is fascinating stuff nevertheless.
Last edited by: Trigirl357: Jul 4, 19 23:05
Quote Reply
Re: Base RED vs AltRed [TriSpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On which website ?
Quote Reply