Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Base Period and Bricks
Quote | Reply
I'm planning my training for a half ironman in june and i'm trying to figure out what my base should be (i've never planned my training before).

1st question - should i incorporate bricks into my base?

2nd question - should i have a few different bases? (base 1 with certain distances, base 2 with a little higher distances, base 3... etc.)

all advice welcome... thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Base Period and Bricks [thisbetc621] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bricks? Every opportunity I get.. I will incorporate bricks into my workout. The key regarding bricks is intensity and not how many.

Different basis? I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that... but, (if I read you correctly) different bases are acceptable provided they are applied properly. Application is dependent on training goals.

FWIW Joe Moya
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the idea of bricks in the base period but make sure to keep your focus on the key workout for the day. So if you are going to run for x miles, don't wear yourself out on the bike before you get to your run. i sometimes incorporate a bike run bike on key run days.

jg

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always carry bricks with me during my base period. :)

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bricks, ya boy, year-round. A 30 min run off the bike at least once per week. Dead legs off the bike are only a memory.
Quote Reply