Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bartol System? Bunnyman
Quote | Reply
Hi Bunnyman how does this Bartol system work? went to there web site but no real info.Thanks Randall
Quote Reply
Re: Bartol System? Bunnyman [randall t] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am familiar with the Bartol system (a friend of mine imports them into the US along with some other amazing bike parts). The system automatically shifts to the small chain ring whenever one has moved the chain to either of the largest two cogs in back and shifts back to the largest chain ring when the chain is on either of the smallest two cogs. This allows complete elimination of the front derailleur system and all the weight it entails for those worried about those things.

Frank

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: Bartol System? Bunnyman [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Frank Just how does this happen?What type of mechanism is used? How fussy is it to setup and get working? It seems that your chainline would have to be setup pretty well. Are you limited to the chainrings you can use(brands)?Thanks Randall
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You need to use Bartol Chain rings, they have special adaptations that allow this to occur (it is a patented system). Clearly the chain line must be set up right but I am not sure it is extremely fussy. The system allows for dropping off almost a pound I think when you consider everything.

My friend is about to supply me with a bike equiped with the Bartol system (I think) to ride in the 25th anniversary IM Kona next year (there are some perks to being famous). I think it is the same bike that was used in a soon to be published review in American Tri. With the anticipation, I am having trouble keeping the drool in, a problem with getting old I think. I will probably have the bike with me as I travel around to races this summer hawking the you know whats, so if you see me, ask.

Anyhow, if as I gain some experience, I will report. If you haven't seen something in the next few months, remind me.

Frank

--------------
Frank,
Quote Reply
Re: Bartol System? Bunnyman [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks again Frank the only tri race i will be at is Gulf coast where i hope to do a relay,i am a roadie/tter,at over six feet and over two hundred pounds i am not worried about weight,just thinking this system might work for me,do not really use the small chainring around here even though it hilly,but keep the front derailer on to help keep the chain on.Thanks randall
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am going to be sponsoring the ProCycling series this year so will be at the big three in the US and several other cycling races this year. There is another deal in the works that should expand my presence dramatically if it comes to fruition (90+% chance)

Frank

--------------
Frank,
Quote Reply