Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Baracchi and Titan Flex
Quote | Reply
Does anyone else see the similarity of the shape of the fuselage and rear triangle between these two bikes? Interesting....

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: Baracchi and Titan Flex [Titan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Baracchi is clearly a P3 ripoff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny, I keep looking at that ad and think, "so it's UCI banned, why not use it in a tri?"

anyone (other than Gerard) see one of these lately?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Baracchi and Titan Flex [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe there was only one.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Baracchi and Titan Flex [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have ridden it. it's pretty low in front but did a slolam course with some traffic cones and it handled extremely well. beam was super stiff. no flex like a zipp, or a softride more like a conventional double diamond. rumor has it was built with gianni bugno in mind.
Quote Reply
Re: Baracchi and Titan Flex [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The Baracchi is clearly a P3 ripoff.
HUH? While the Baracchi was a one-off, they are both made by Cervelo. So who's rippiong off who?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would almost go so far as to say the reverse is true- Titanflex had a non-monocoque version of their bike out in 1995. The modern Titanflex came out a few years later. But I don't think the intentions were even the same. I think the purpose of the design was to be aerodynamic, not save any backs (judging by who the target rider was).

I would say that the Baracchi may have shared a couple of design cues with several bikes on the market at the time, yet the design was so entirely unique that it probably did nothing like the bikes it seemed to mimic. The execution of the shared design cues, from my initial glossing over (and having NEVER seen the bike in the flesh) make it into something completely different.

I wish that the Baracchi could have made it into production, as I would have one in the garage at this time. Elements of this bike may make it into my first successful foray into building a bike frame...
Quote Reply