Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Bahrain Sheikh arrives in style
Quote | Reply
I guess he doesn't have to worry about transporting his bike and the costs associated with that he has his own 747.

http://bigislandnow.com/...yalty-to-big-island/
Quote Reply
Re: Bahrain Sheikh arrives in style [hercules] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are supposed to care about this guy?? What am I missing?
Quote Reply
Re: Bahrain Sheikh arrives in style [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:

he qualified for Kona on a military slot, and, in his role in the military, tortured a bunch of folks.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Bahrain Sheikh arrives in style [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahh ok I’m not up on my knowledge of random princes.
Quote Reply
Re: Bahrain Sheikh arrives in style [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:

There's a whole discussion here.
Quote Reply
Re: Bahrain Sheikh arrives in style [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I saw; two threads on this guy; that’s what lead to my question.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He’s effectively a head of state. It’s not surprising they have their own 747. If the president of the US showed up and raced (that’s funny by itself), he wouldn’t be flying over in coach either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do y'all get your knickers in a bunch because these thirteen Athletes are on the Bahrain Endurance team? https://bahrainendurance13.com/athletes

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Bahrain Sheikh arrives in style [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you new to this website?

TheStroBro wrote:
Do y'all get your knickers in a bunch because these thirteen Athletes are on the Bahrain Endurance team? https://bahrainendurance13.com/athletes

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: Bahrain Sheikh arrives in style [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A few days older than you I reckon unless you were here on a different account for years...

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Bahrain Sheikh arrives in style [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can't tell if your question was serious or sarcasm. People on ST lost their minds when the BE 13 team was put together given the human rights issues. So yes, folks got their knickers in a wad.
Quote Reply
Re: Bahrain Sheikh arrives in style [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I was about to post that. Pretty sure there was a huge thread about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Set up the trainer and do some altitude training on the way over...
Quote Reply
Re: Bahrain Sheikh arrives in style [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah. I lost a lot of respect for everyone on that team.
Quote Reply
Re: Bahrain Sheikh arrives in style [rubik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rubik wrote:
Set up the trainer and do some altitude training on the way over...

Come on now... it’s train low sleep high.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:

he qualified for Kona on a military slot, and, in his role in the military, tortured a bunch of folks.

I'm not really going to get my knickers is a twist. I've learned to accept that life isn't fair. On a positive note: Maybe, just maybe, he'll be an example that motivates others from that part of the world to get in shape - that might be good.

As far at the military part goes...

A US Army General recently did quite well in a 70.3 event. I know he did it w/o motorcade, etc. pretty much like a normal guy (except w/some actual endurance talent). I'm impressed.

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:

Also of note, Bahrain is a tiny island country in the middle east with total population of just 1.2mil. The government has a large debt problem and just recently got a bail out from some wealthier (and real) nearby countries. The 'Bahrain Royal Family' appears to be living far above their means while running their country into the ground. This person is extremely not special.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fuck dis guy
Quote Reply
Re: Bahrain Sheikh arrives in style [1poseur1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honestly my respect for Sebastian Keinle went up after he left this 'team'. I wonder if this 'team' has their own 'doctors'? Anyone know?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
His seats are too high.
Quote Reply
Re: Bahrain Sheikh arrives in style [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thatzone wrote:
Honestly my respect for Sebastian Keinle went up after he left this 'team'. I wonder if this 'team' has their own 'doctors'? Anyone know?

there isn't anyone's opinion on this subject i abjectly disagree with. look at the arab middle east and you find some really oppressive behavior toward women and protesters. then there's western democracies, which have their warts, but are generally the model for how protesters and women's rights are respected.

and then you have the prince, and his country, straddling both, having to deal with very hard liners. when i talk to women who've trained raced there it's pretty western in terms of what you can do (riding and running around in our outfits). there's plenty to criticize, such as the bahrain 13, opposition leaders, google them. so, bahrain endurance 13. a coincidence? that stretches credulity.

i'll go to kona, i'll see them, i have got some contacts with whom i've developed warm relationships in and around that team (and i mean bahraini adminstrators, not the athletes). i'll continue to learn what i can.

just, if you specifically choose this country and this prince to come down on hard, okay. i get it. i don't blame you. if you want to boycott this team, its athletes, the country, what it stands for, no argument. but, if you boycott other countries with similar human and civil rights histories, you'll find it very hard to swim, bike or run if you want clothes, shoes and bikes, and you won't be doing ironman races.

hence the boycott versus engagement approaches and if this country, and this team, is a lever wedging western sensibilities into the middle east monarchies, that's a good thing.

i've got no wisdom for anybody, except the more i dig into this the harder it is to feel like i have a solid foundation on which to expostulate. just, before you start lecturing me, realize that i probably already know every fact you're going to give me.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Bahrain Sheikh arrives in style [manofthewoods] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
manofthewoods wrote:

A US Army General recently did quite well in a 70.3 event. I know he did it w/o motorcade, etc. pretty much like a normal guy (except w/some actual endurance talent). I'm impressed.

In fairness to the Prince, he gets a motorcade and security detail because he's part of the royal family and not because of his military service.

He's also legit fast. Drafting notwithstanding at IMTX he still did a 9:06 and has a 4:09 70.3 time.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Bahrain Sheikh arrives in style [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
manofthewoods wrote:

In fairness to the Prince, he gets a motorcade and security detail because he's part of the royal family and not because of his military service.

He's also legit fast. Drafting notwithstanding at IMTX he still did a 9:06 and has a 4:09 70.3 time.

exactly. but we need to keep the moto population on the course to its traditional density.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Bahrain Sheikh arrives in style [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s simple. A “World Championship “ should strive towards some standard of rules that apply to all fairly. We all know that this is a standard this race fails to meet with the varying ways people can shortcut the typical pro or AG qualifying lines. Bahrain military slots are no more or less bogus than all the corporate sponsor, random drawing, XC, and other slots that are given away without real accomplishment.

Getting here is one thing, but then proceeding to race in a way that threatens the safety of others and arguably gives you an unfair drafting advantage makes a mockery of the idea that this is a level playing field.

If this guy was a true sportsman, he would show up anonymously, race like everyone else, and then honor himself anyway he likes.
Quote Reply
Re: Bahrain Sheikh arrives in style [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well said... I guess the other option is we liberate all the Middle East countries like the US and allies did in Iraq and how well that is going for the whole area. I respect him more for investing money in our sport and the whole do they have their own doctors drug tainting grows old to try and discredit people.
Quote Reply

Prev Next