Quote Reply
Re: Bahrain 70.3 relay team [Bird01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cav will probably crash.
Quote Reply
Re: Bahrain 70.3 relay team [TriguyBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ouch...

I get why he's been chosen (team pressure, big name status, nice payday for him doing it etc). And he is a professional cyclist, so he's bound to do great over 90km's. I'm just not convinced that he's the right guy from the team to be chosen to go fast - in fact (and I'm probably going to ST prison for this) I'd be willing to bet he doesn't ride faster than the two Vikings turning up
Last edited by: jaredhartshorn: Dec 2, 19 17:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriguyBlue wrote:
Cav will probably crash.

Lol
Quote Reply
Re: Bahrain 70.3 relay team [jaredhartshorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd be willing to bet he doesn't ride faster than the two Vikings turning up //

I wouldn't be betting against you, and that is with him being able to drill just the bike, vs the other guys doing an entire triathlon. The only thing he might have going is that I think I just saw video of him doing a 6 day race, that has to give one some pretty good fitness for a long time trial.. there are a 1000 guys that would be faster of course, about 1/2 of them triathletes too..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That’s pretty cool, should be fun to see how they do

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jaredhartshorn wrote:
Ouch...

I get why he's been chosen (team pressure, big name status, nice payday for him doing it etc). And he is a professional cyclist, so he's bound do do a great over 90km's. I'm just not convinced that he's the right guy from the team to be chosen to go fast - in fact (and I'm probably going to ST prison for this) I'd be willing to bet he doesn't ride faster than the two Vikings turning up

was thinking this about chloe, too. she's a gun, but at marathon/ultra-distance swims. is a 2k too much of a sprint for her?

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Bahrain 70.3 relay team [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess we'll find out!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sub 4, with Sir Mo running sub hour (semi-pink...)

Meaning that Chole & Mark need to hit sub 3 hours for the combined swim, run & whatever the team transition consists of. Should be pretty easy for them to do!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A really good relay time would be sub 3;20, a great one sub 3;10. Mo is the only one on the team that is world class for a relay, and a dozen or more guys would put a minute or two into him in a 1/2 marathon..

Never the less, it will be fun to watch, and even more fun if it took off and there were some big prize purses for the relays..
Quote Reply
Re: Bahrain 70.3 relay team [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
A really good relay time would be sub 3;20, a great one sub 3;10. Mo is the only one on the team that is world class for a relay, and a dozen or more guys would put a minute or two into him in a 1/2 marathon..

Never the less, it will be fun to watch, and even more fun if it took off and there were some big prize purses for the relays..

22+1:58+60 would be an acceptable time

I think Cav is the weak link. The Vikings will out split him on the bike
Quote Reply
Re: Bahrain 70.3 relay team [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sub 3:30 if they start with the Professionals.

If they start with the other relay teams at the back, it will be much harder

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't say it makes me care.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Last edited by: TheStroBro: Dec 2, 19 19:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3hour 25mn

show business...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He did a few 6 day races (London and Gent) where he was in really good shape, but those 6 days are filled with shorter events where they usually go from all out efforts to rest. He will be in good shape, but it means nothing for a longer type effort.

Still I would not underestimate the guy. He probably will be quite aero. That was his thing in sprints and he never had to go all out in a TT before. But I agree with others that probably he won't have the fastest split out of everyone.
Quote Reply
Re: Bahrain 70.3 relay team [tomdefietsbom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"he never had to go all out in TT"

Remember he was competing in the Rio Olympic Omnium, including individual pursuit. IP is a kind of TT where you go all out, and need excellent aero... for which he probably went to wind tunnel.

OK, then it will be a 2h TT, with a very different pacing. And I agree this is clearly not his cup of tea (for an british guy, it means a lot :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Bahrain 70.3 relay team [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh yeah. See even when I say would not underestimate him, I do so anyway :) Others who did the IP seem to be able to win TT's and grand tours so we might be in for a surprise.

He's from the isle of Man, maybe they are just a bit different than other Brits.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Judging by the shambles of last years race that's a possibility, I saw at least 4 bikes under lorries or cars on the 'closed road' course not to mention being met head on by a bewildered idiot in a car less than a km from the start.

Great place to get a PB, not worth dying for there though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sub 2h if he rides his old BMC

2h10 if he rides his new merida?
Quote Reply
Re: Bahrain 70.3 relay team [tomdefietsbom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clearly, from his perfs on track at World / Olympic level (Madison and Omnium, IP times, ...) he is a big engine !

2h TT is not his favorite, but it will be interesting to see a pure cyclist on this type of effort, just to compare.

Then, I do not want to enter a debate about some Brits wich could be different from other Brits... especially as I'm french, knowing some Welsh and Scotts... :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Bahrain 70.3 relay team [Pathfinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pathfinder wrote:
Judging by the shambles of last years race that's a possibility, I saw at least 4 bikes under lorries or cars on the 'closed road' course not to mention being met head on by a bewildered idiot in a car less than a km from the start.

Great place to get a PB, not worth dying for there though.

Yeah well if you ride a bike with your head down, not watching where you are going because your front end is so low because you want to be more aero than a hooker giving herself an inspection, then you deserve to crash.

I saw a video of a pro male on insta last week and he is on his trainer and is so low, he can't hold his head up longer than about 15 seconds.

A pro female in a 70.3 nearly killed herself when she crashed into a speed bump that she didn't see because she was looking down and didn't see it coming.

Obstacles happen on closed roads. It's the riders responsibility to keep an eye out

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't even know this relay was happening. I understand that Ironman Now does not have any scheduled coverage, but will there be something beyond just the tracker for this race? Watching both the individual and the relay event?

Dominic Pollizzi

Quote Reply