Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Backyard Ultra on a road course?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if there are any "Backyard" style road course events out there?
Quote Reply
Re: Backyard Ultra on a road course? [Ktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've seen a couple vids where portions seem to be on roads or bike paths, but not the whole thing

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Backyard Ultra on a road course? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From what I gather, most switch to a road type course during the dark hours then go back to the trails during the daylight hours. The one I just did, stayed on the trails the whole time...which is great if you're a trial runner. I am not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Then you have Sri Chinmoy race where you run around the block, 18 hours a day for up to 52 days for a total of 3100 miles

https://3100.srichinmoyraces.org/about

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I were to do one, on my own [like people did last year] and using my home as the "Base Camp" it would have to be all roads, as there are no trails anywhere nearby

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ktri wrote:
Does anyone know if there are any "Backyard" style road course events out there?

Sounds like somebody wants a section run.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_(United_States_land_surveying)

I do dog trials in rural Wisconsin and it is all sections(1 mile by 1 mile) or half sections(1 mile by 1/2 mile) so either a 3 or a 4 mile loop.

Traffic is low enough it wouldn't be a problem except it would have to be done on a full moon otherwise it would be dark as there is no light pollution where I'm thinking of.

Swim - Bike - Run the rest is just clothing changes.
Quote Reply