Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Backwards Aerobars
Quote | Reply
I had my LBS install USE 40 degree High Rise aero bars. This is what came back. I think they are backwards. LBS swears otherwise. Note the openings in the upper ends and the capped lower ends. Properly oriented USE Aerobars can be seen here: https://www.sigmasports.com/...-320mm-Bend-Set/IPVT

One of us is crazy and I don't think it's me....
Quote Reply
Re: Backwards Aerobars [Celerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can’t see your pics but given the steep angle of these extensions, there shouldn’t be any confusion. Even without seeing the pics, I’m assuming your LBS probably set them up to look like normal ski bends.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These aerobars are so steep that with those flat pads, it looks like the bike shop just went with the standard type installation. If you turn them around, it looks more like a praying mantis position that may require some elbow type cups at the bottom rather than these flat pads.

I think those line markings are a confirmation that it is where they were designed to be inserted on the bike.

I guess the main question here is - which position do you prefer and what is the fitter recommending?

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Last edited by: plant_based: Feb 14, 20 15:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dealt with this same thing when I got mine installed at a bike shop. The ones in your picture are installed backward. The longer end should be pointing upward and not in the clamps.
Quote Reply
Re: Backwards Aerobars [stevesimpson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The product photo makes them look like insert stripes not saw off stripes

Long and flattish is more typical but short and high (Landis style mantis) is quite popular in english tt racing. USE is an english brand right?

The pads would make one mount way more comfortable than the other.

The bars might have reinforced carbon at the inserts/clamps and less by the shifters making them one insert style only
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are installed wrong.
High rise installed as low rise.

#######
My Blog
Quote Reply