Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Back in the saddle critique, 3 year hiatus
Quote | Reply
So after almost 3 years of dealing with achilles issues I am back to doing some jogging pain and mostly sensation free. If you want to know how I dealt with it I could share some insights, but I am looking for people to critique my bike fit. I feel pretty comfortable in this position and is the same position I used for 2 IM and 3 years of short/middle distance racing. I recently switched to 160mm from 172.5 cranks to alleviate some hip issues, oh ya had hip surgery too. The saddle I moved up 1cm but did nothing with the front end. Other than lose the gut what do people see as glaring issues. I am not looking for anyone to tell me to get a new bike either, so if you think that just think it not post it please.

Last edited by: lonniecdams: Apr 14, 18 13:45
Quote Reply
Re: Back in the saddle, 3 year hiatus [lonniecdams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Normally people jump in with comments. Looks good to me but what do I know maybe a bump gets some help or maybe try again with a helmet on and that magic word 'critique ...' in the title?

Achilles is my main limiter so I'm always looking for insights. For me running little and often has helped.
Quote Reply
Re: Back in the saddle, 3 year hiatus [OddSlug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya, achilles has been a battle for sure. I am up to 40 minutes for my long run and then 20 and 30 for the other two. The key for me has been putting a 1 inch dowel between two paint cans and putting my calf up on it and smashing it and moving the ankle to pin and stretch the tissues. The other big thing was doing eccentrics but not going negative. I talked to Karin Silbernagel and she basically said I had a short soleus and was just born that way and that going negative would continue to flare it up. She was right I stopped going negative and in two weeks I was waking and walking in the mornings pain free.
Quote Reply