Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BTA w/ Garmin mount
Quote | Reply
Xlab Versa 200? I'm also intrigued by the Speedfil A2, but that seems like a lot of pieces to stick together.
Primary consideration is fast refilling from an aid station water bottle so I can toss the empty by the end of the zone.
Quote Reply
Re: BTA w/ Garmin mount [mpderksen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mpderksen wrote:
Xlab Versa 200? I'm also intrigued by the Speedfil A2, but that seems like a lot of pieces to stick together.
Primary consideration is fast refilling from an aid station water bottle so I can toss the empty by the end of the zone.

I have the xlab 500, and it is the same torpedo bottle. It works great for very quick refill, especially if you set it up with the split top and not the solid top. Did exactly what you are saying in my long race last year with no issue.
Quote Reply
Re: BTA w/ Garmin mount [tyme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyme wrote:
mpderksen wrote:

I have the xlab 500, and it is the same torpedo bottle. It works great for very quick refill, especially if you set it up with the split top and not the solid top. Did exactly what you are saying in my long race last year with no issue.

Garmin on the front edge? Did you modify the drink tube with a Camelback spout?
I wear my 935 for the whole race, but keep the old 910xt mounted so I don't have to twist my wrist when I want to check stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I switched from the A2 to the versa. I found the A2 garmin placement too far down for my liking and unable to see it while in aero. The versa garmin mount is right in my sightline.

I don't always use the torpedo bottle, depends on how much climbing usually, but damn if you don't clean it right away getting in the nooks and crannies is a PITA. The shape is odd.
Last edited by: ChrisM: Apr 20, 18 15:15
Quote Reply
Re: BTA w/ Garmin mount [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
I switched from the A2 to the versa. I found the A2 garmin placement too far down for my liking and unable to see it while in aero. The versa garmin mount is right in my sightline.

I don't always use the torpedo bottle, depends on how much climbing usually, but damn if you don't clean it right away getting in the nooks and crannies is a PITA. The shape is odd.

How about a Versa mount with the A2 bottle? I wanna see my numbers, and be able to drink. Should be a decent mousetrap for that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the garmin mount out front. I did not modify the straw. It was decent as it was. I have not had to worry about the cleaning the bottle thing, because I just use pure water, I do not put anything but that in there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mpderksen wrote:
ChrisM wrote:

How about a Versa mount with the A2 bottle? I wanna see my numbers, and be able to drink. Should be a decent mousetrap for that.

You can drink with the versa bottle, it's just harder to clean IMO (and i've had better success stowing the versa straw than I did the A2 straw, as I usually tuck it rather than let it sit in the wind (yeah right, like the straw drag and not my beer belly is the problem here LOL ). I certainly wouldn't buy both systems to do that.

ETA yes if it's just water it's not an issue. It's the infinit that sits int eh heat while I run, then sits in the heat while I eat and sits in the heat on the drive home. I try to rinse it out in T2 post race.
Last edited by: ChrisM: Apr 20, 18 16:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks to both of you. I was just thinking of the Versa base plate and Garmin mount, then get the Profile cage and bottle so it would be an easier cleaning option. However, if I stick to the plan to keep water in the BTA, and Infinit fuel in the frame cage, then no worries.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The thread needs photos. Lots of them.
Quote Reply
Re: BTA w/ Garmin mount [alexer03] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alexer03 wrote:
The thread needs photos. Lots of them.

Opted for a Versa 200, using my old 910xt for a dashboard. I keep it on auto-pause, and never save the data. It's a mid-ride feedback device only, while I keep my 935 on my wrist (but it's hard to see while on the bars). The straw is a bit short since I have longer arms. I've seen a few threads about options there. Water only. I'll keep a multi-hour bottle on the frame. In the second picture you'll see I flipped the mounts. The stock way had the entire system above my arms. By simply flipping them, it tucks down a few inches. This is also why my straw is too short to drink and watch the road at the same time.

No clue why tinypic is rotating my images

Last edited by: mpderksen: May 20, 18 20:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the Profile Design Aero bridge because I like my computer out front between my hands. No need to integrate with whichever BTA bottle you use.
https://www.amazon.com/Profile-Aerobridge-Aerobars-Computer-Accessory/dp/B00HREXLZI/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1526915161&sr=8-5&keywords=profile+design+computer+mount
Quote Reply