Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BTA bottle and cage for Speed Concept?
Quote | Reply
Been looking for a good BTA cage and bottle set up - bottle with straw and refillable - for the Speed Concept. The bontrager SC bottle cage looks fine as i can mount my computer on there, but i can't see any bottles available that fit the bill in terms of straw/aero/refillable etc. I have the mono extension - s bends.

Any suggestions would greatly appreciated...
Quote Reply
Re: BTA bottle and cage for Speed Concept? [Dommac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the Speedfill A2 bottle, it does a good job.
Quote Reply
Re: BTA bottle and cage for Speed Concept? [madmax231] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks - that looks great. Im guessing if i get the Bontrager SC cage, then i can just add that Speedfill cap and convert any bottle to the aero/straw bottle right? What cage do you use there?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to use the speedfill but switched to the xlab torpedo with computer mount.

First, I bought a mount kit for the mono bar - Here

Then, I bought the Torpedo 500 - Here

I really had a hard time with the computer being mounted on top of the Speedfill, it was too far back for easy line of sight.

Now, it's right in front of the bottle, angle for easy view, nestled in-between my hands when I'm in aero position.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A2 bottle comes complete.

You can also buy the A2/Z4 combo, which includes a mount for the GPS. I didn't like the Z4 mount, I wasn't able to see the GPS while riding. I use the Bontrager mount (see the link posted above by Alexander), and I use the Bontrager Bat Cage... less expensive than the carbon Speed Concept mount...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to have a Speedfil A2 but hated it. Too bulky. I'm a yank'n'replace guy so I prefer normal bottles, but I'd be looking at a Torhans Z or Nathan AP if I wanted a straw.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what length mono extension do you have. I was looking at going back to the speedfil A2 but it covers my bike computer (similar location as yours) with the short egro mono extension. I have both speed concept cage and the Z4 cage, both of them put the computer too far back. i was hoping to figure out something without getting a different bottle system.
Quote Reply
Re: BTA bottle and cage for Speed Concept? [b.will] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm using the Ergo Grip Long, and the fit is perfect. I can see my GPS (see my picture above).

My friend is using the short Ergo Grip, and she can't use the GPS mount like mine, the GPS is hidden by the Bottle. I gave her my Z4 cage and she likes it.

Another friend just got a Xlab Torpedo Versa 500 system, with an integrated GPS mount. I "think" it could fit on a Speed Concept, but can't say for sure...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used the xlab torpedo bottle and cage on both of my Speed Concepts (gen 1 and gen 2) and I don't think there is a better looking bottle for the front of the speed concept. I did not like the Bontrager one because it sat too high and then the computer was way too high. My barfly tt mount sits right in front of the bottle right behind my hands and works perfect for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
madmax231 wrote:

What's the name of that GPS mount on your aero bars
Quote Reply
Re: BTA bottle and cage for Speed Concept? [jsosinski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jsosinski wrote:
I have used the xlab torpedo bottle and cage on both of my Speed Concepts (gen 1 and gen 2) and I don't think there is a better looking bottle for the front of the speed concept. I did not like the Bontrager one because it sat too high and then the computer was way too high. My barfly tt mount sits right in front of the bottle right behind my hands and works perfect for me.

I do the same thing
Quote Reply
Re: BTA bottle and cage for Speed Concept? [xcchampion11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xcchampion11 wrote:
madmax231 wrote:

https://profile-design.com/...ariant=1808740057114

I think it's the long one
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
madmax231 wrote:
xcchampion11 wrote:
madmax231 wrote:

https://profile-design.com/...ariant=1808740057114

I think it's the long one

thank you!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to use this on my Speed Concept: https://www.biketiresdirect.com/...Uyp35ohoCWUEQAvD_BwE

And swithced to this: https://www.racycles.com/...zuMgZ9RoCbwkQAvD_BwE

I prefer the x-lab bc:
  1. it's easier to refill IMO (could be a personal thing)
  2. seems more aero/less clunky
  3. less messy and dones't mold the same way in between races (probably a "me" thing)
  4. the straw is bendy and lays down
  5. the straw is softer and doesn't jab you in the mouth if you hit rough road while drinking

That all being said, I see PD now has this: https://www.westernbikeworks.com/...hX4m6ShoC_dYQAvD_BwE

Not sure if that works on an SC tho.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know this thread is a few weeks old, but I use an XLab Torpedo, with my computer (520) on a K-Edge mount in between the bars. It has worked well for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I made this for Sam Long who just finished 4th at IM Canada. I like to think it's because of the bottle holder.

It's 3D printed aluminum. It can hold a single bottle, with multiple position options - either standard bottle, 24 Oz bottle, or Xlab torpedo, or any combination of 2 bottles. Well - it cannot do 2 torpedos, but it can do a torpedo and a second bottle as pictured, or it can do 2 normal bottles, either long or short or any combo, back to back.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply